GlockTalk Forum banner

41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
74,483 Posts
He announced this today. Very sad to hear. He's done so much to give us a voice. There will never be another Rush.
Sad. He did great service to the Republic.

Reactions: hogship and B C

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I didn't hear him say he was terminal. I heard him say that they had made progress but had some recent setbacks. He said when he got the diagnosis back in January he didn't expect to be alive in October. But he also said they will tweak his treatment and see how it goes. He said he gets tired easy no which is what chemo does--makes you anemic. I heard optimism in his words but also the reality that he still faces an uphill battle.
Well what is it?

I had heard him ages ago fighting the cancer but didn't hear recent updates. Is he worried about not being here for election day? That is pretty dire if so.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I hope we all do. It's not looking too good for Trump.
No telling. I don't project one way or another.

But the things Trump does not make it seem like he cares one bit about being reelected. And it is not like I care about Trump to be disappointed in him. I just want 'anything other' than filthy dems to be elected. And that is where Trump fits in.

·
Registered
6,950 Posts
I didn't hear him say he was terminal. I heard him say that they had made progress but had some recent setbacks. He said when he got the diagnosis back in January he didn't expect to be alive in October. But he also said they will tweak his treatment and see how it goes. He said he gets tired easy no which is what chemo does--makes you anemic. I heard optimism in his words but also the reality that he still faces an uphill battle.
Today he mentioned terminal when he got the initial diagnosis, which stage 4 generally is considered terminal.

Just a question of when, and he's a fighter and is fighting with the prayers of millions (including mine) and excellent medial care.

·
King Doofus.
5,495 Posts
Heard today also, very sad. It's going to be near impossible to find someone who pisses off the left the way he does.

·
Registered
4,921 Posts
I have reopened my "election season" ignore list. I'm up to two with Doug and Spec62. I normally just manually "ignore" those that seem to be on a mission of disruption. I'll probably delete my list once the election is settled. We'll see. Not actually ignoring too many folks makes following some threads much easier.

As to Rush? I haven't always agreed with him or liked his presentation style. I always believed he helped the conservative cause. Rush, I wish you as many days that can give you joy and hope.

·
Registered
4,505 Posts
Welli too listens to Rush, the NEWS was not all bad, he is still in the fight. He did mention at one time he did not believe he would be here on 10/1/2020. Now it's 10/19/2020, he was going strong today.

·
Don't Jump!
4,251 Posts
I've been listening to him since 1989. I'll never forget the first time I heard him, I though to myself, I can't believe he just said that... he's going to get in trouble!

Well, I've been a faithful listener ever since... even though it got me fired once.... a long story for another time.

Rush Limbaugh: "Talent on loan from God...." How true.

·
MAJ (USA Ret.)
20,472 Posts
I hope we all do. It's not looking too good for Trump.
It’s looking so bad for Trump, it reminds me of the last time he won the election.

It’s looking worse for Biden than it was for Hillary in 2016.

Reactions: jr24

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
:(
No words...

I hate cancer.

Rush should fight with everything he’s got. He’s not out just yet.
When I was working at Hopkins Oncology and family members would say that to someone with Stage IV lung CA, the Oncologist would offer THEM the chemo and misery that comes with itnto make a point. Told them it was selfish and to encourage the patient to make up their minds if they want to go through all that without the family guilting them into fighting . I often discussed with terminal patients the options of forgetting chemo, look at their bucket list and do the "I'm going to Disneyland" thing with the kids and grandkids.....

"Fighting" terminal cancer to the end is rarely best for the patient but makes everyone else feel better until the final weeks/months of misery

41 - 60 of 61 Posts