GlockTalk Forum banner

21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
MAJ (USA Ret.)
20,472 Posts
Yeah, double blow. Hodgkin's Lymphoma I think he said.

If Buck Sexton is next I'm gonna start suspecting foul play.

Hodgkin’s is mostly curable. Often it’s 6 months of hell with chemo, then you’re good.

·
Registered
10,575 Posts
he cannot be replaced, but someone will... i really enjoy listening to him, i hope when he knows the end is near he spends his time at home...

·
Previously achieved fame and glory as Burebista
5,481 Posts
he cannot be replaced, but someone will...
I hope it's Mark Steyn.

God bless Rush, I am so saddened by these awful news. We conservatives owe him a huge debt of gratitude.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
I like Rush. I've met him a few times, I've met many members of his family. Very nice people. I had a bad feeling about things when Rush announced he was had cancer, but I kept hoping. He has been great for this country and he will be missed.

·
Previously achieved fame and glory as Burebista
5,481 Posts
He's awesome, I always enjoy when he fills in.

I wish Nick Searcy would guest host again, he was awesome.
My friend Nick is busy building a conservative alternative Hollywood movie production and distribution platform, https://creado.media/
I hope he will find time to guest host again.

·
Stop the steal!
17,322 Posts
he cannot be replaced, but someone will... i really enjoy listening to him, i hope when he knows the end is near he spends his time at home...
I am hoping and praying for a miracle......but, I'm betting Rush will not quit until he can't do what he does. It's not about him, but a higher calling that drives him.....America. God bless this man.

:flag:

·
AK-74
1,930 Posts
I pray everyday for the second arrival of Christ And for every evil satan sucking a hole on the planet to turn to stone.

That way i can go around with a hammer and makes piles of dust.

We might even have a few of those hate filled here also.

Was i always this way Nope. Until they started the takeover of the U.S.A. And anything good.
cody 296.jpg

·
Registered
5,172 Posts
Don’t give credence to the troll. Just block him as I have done.
He gone.

Rush is a national treasure and it's a damn shame cancer decided to pick him. He's been a daily part of my life since the early 90's.

·
A swamp dude
10,928 Posts
Rush...
From the moment you get the diagnosis, there’s a part of you every day, okay, that’s it. Life’s over. You just don’t know when. But when you get that diagnosis, I mean, that’s… So, during the period of time after the diagnosis, you do what you can to prolong life, do what you can to prolong a happy life. You measure a happy life against whatever medication it takes.

And at some point you can decide, you know, this medication may be working, but I hate the way I feel every day. I’m not there yet. But it is part and parcel of this. It’s tough to realize that the days where I do not think I’m under a death sentence are over. Now, we all are, is the point. We all know that we’re going to die at some point, but when you have a terminal disease diagnosis that has a time frame to it, then that puts a different psychological and even physical awareness to it.

So, last week was treatment week. Was it last week? The week before. The week before was treatment week. And I got some scans. I don’t get scans every treatment week. The scans did show some progression of cancer. Now, prior to that, the scans had shown that we had rendered the cancer dormant. That’s my phrase for it. We had stopped the growth. It had been reduced, and it had become manageable.

But there’s always the reality and the knowledge that that can change and it can come back because it is cancer. It eventually outsmarts pretty much everything you throw at it. And this, of course, this is stage 4 lung cancer. A lot of people have said, “Well, why did you wait until it was stage 4?” There was no way to know when it was stage 1, is the thing. There would have been no reason to go get a bunch of scans.

Stage 1 is just a bunch of little nodules running around, and even if you got a scan that showed a bunch of nodules, they’d say, “Gotta keep a sharp eye on them. There’s some nodules here, some nodules there.” But it really doesn’t present as what it is (this type of cancer) until it’s stage 4 — and stage 4 is, as they say, terminal. So we have some recent progression. It’s not dramatic, but it is the wrong direction.

So we have to tweak the treatment plan, which we did, and the chemotherapy drugs in hopes of keeping additional progression at bay for as long as possible. The idea now is to keep it where it is or maybe have it reduce again. We’ve shown that that is possible. If it happened once, it can happen again. So that’s the objective of the current treatment plan.

For those of you that have been paying attention to the ballgame analogy of this, when I last left off, I was rounding second base and I was chugging toward third. The objective was to hit a home run, to get a home run: Go all the way around the bases, go to home plate and beat this. So I was rounding second, on the way to third — and I realized I wasn’t gonna make it.

I had to turn around and make a mad dash, head back to second base. I slid in there, got into second base safely, and that is where I am. I was trying to steal third base, trying to steal some more ground. But I got waved back to second base. So that’s where I am, stuck on second base — fully committed, however, to stealing third and rounding towards home.

more at link...https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2020/10/19/an-update-on-my-health-its-a-roller-coaster/
We are all on a steady course towards death, and tomorrow is not a given. That’s why each day should be used to help the ones we love in some way and to help preserve this country we are so blessed to live in.

Start each day consciously committed to adding value in all things we do.

Rush made a huge contribution. Carry on his work at your place in life.

·
Registered
8,302 Posts
I didn't hear him say he was terminal. I heard him say that they had made progress but had some recent setbacks. He said when he got the diagnosis back in January he didn't expect to be alive in October. But he also said they will tweak his treatment and see how it goes. He said he gets tired easy no which is what chemo does--makes you anemic. I heard optimism in his words but also the reality that he still faces an uphill battle.
ditto.

·
Registered
13,350 Posts
A friend turned me on to Rush just days after he first started broadcasting nationwide so you might say I'm a charter listener minus 5 days. What a breath of fresh air for I was wondering is there anyone who thinks like me? Am I the oddball?

Well, all I can say he is the greatest modern day patriot ever. For some reason I knew this day would come though even before his illness set in
He probably added decades to a free America.

Oh, and not to mention, he singlehandedly saved AM radio creating a countless number of jobs.
Me too. In 1988 I was out on the road working my insurance job and dialing the radio looking for something besides the same 10 songs in constant rotation. Then I landed on this guy, Rush. I could not believe what I was hearing. A guy speaking the same thoughts I had on political topics. I got home that day and called my Mom, a political junkie if ever there was one. She started tuning in on her radio at home. We had things to discuss when I went to her house.
Over the years Rush was available almost everywhere I traveled in Indiana. I tuned in from noon to 3 every day.
I pray for him. I know the crazy leftists will cheer when he passes, but he has changed the landscape of political dialogue. Forever.

21 - 40 of 61 Posts