Glock Talk banner

Ruling Allowing Guns In USPS Parking Lots Overturned

1340 Views 12 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  SCmasterblaster
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
1,522 Posts
Didn't even know there was such a rule. None of the local POs around here are big enough to have their own parking lot. One of them doesn't even have the typical "no guns" sign posted in the building.

· GTDS Member #49
10,103 Posts
Ours is a contract p.o. No signs. I occasionally mail firearms. I wonder if that is breaking the law about concealed weapons since they are inside a hard case. Hmmm. Thought to ponder.

· Registered
2,697 Posts
I use UPS for most of my shipments, but when I need to use USPS to ship something small like a holster, I have a convenience store with a small but complete post office inside. Closer, faster, better service and I can carry with no problems and get a snack.

· Registered
1,456 Posts
I use UPS for most of my shipments, but when I need to use USPS to ship something small like a holster, I have a convenience store with a small but complete post office inside. Closer, faster, better service and I can carry with no problems and get a snack.
As a 30 year Clerk at a large Post Office I spent a lot of my time on the phone because "convenience store" POs don't have the knowledge they need or the resources to do everything correctly. Even at large POs, there are anti-gun or Clerks who don't know what they are doing. I dealt with gun collectors, tactical weapons sales, and a person who built and modified guns for one of our favorite Western actors. I've done antique double guns and cases directly from Hollywood.

· Registered
486 Posts
As a 30 year Clerk at a large Post Office I spent a lot of my time on the phone because "convenience store" POs don't have the knowledge they need or the resources to do everything correctly. Even at large POs, there are anti-gun or Clerks who don't know what they are doing. I dealt with gun collectors, tactical weapons sales, and a person who built and modified guns for one of our favorite Western actors. I've done antique double guns and cases directly from Hollywood.
Your point !!

· Registered
434 Posts
The no guns thing in post orifices is overrated. I went to the post office for the first time in about 5 years about a month ago. As I was about halfway from my truck to the door, I realized that I was still armed. I stopped and was about to turn around, when I watched another gut get off his quad and walk into the building with his pistol inside his waistband, with his shirt not covering. We both conducted our business and left. Guess that's what happens in rural Arizona :).

· Registered
59,814 Posts
Not everybody who commits a crime gets arrested or prosecuted every time they do it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.