close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Rules Clarification

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by 4MUL8R, Feb 25, 2003.

1. 4MUL8R

4MUL8R

Is it permissible to shoot wearing safety glasses with one lens completely opaque? Instead of squinting with one eye, can I just spray paint one lens black and shoot that way?

2. PHARAOH

PHARAOH Guest

Sure you can!

High-power rifle shooters use blinders for the nonshooting eye. It keeps the face muscles from getting fatigued and distorting the sight from the aiming eye. It also helps them keep relaxed during shooting.
    :)

3. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

put a strip of frosted scotch tape across your glasses on the non-dominent eye so you can't see the targets clearly when shooting. Leave it high enough that you can still see well enough to walk.

4. tracecom

tracecom

I am presbyopic, so I need glasses to see my front sight clearly even though I can see the target very well without glasses. So, I had my optician make me a pair of shooting glasses with a corrective lens in the right (dominant) side and no prescription in the left. It takes a little getting used to, but the net effect is that it makes my right eye more dominant and allows me focus it on the front sight while leaving my left eye ready for distance vision.

Now if all the bad guys will just wait for me to get out my shooting glasses before they throw down on me.:)