GlockTalk Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Bought one to teach my granddaughter to shoot. Great handgun for the money and serves the purpose! And when of age that will be hers to keep.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Thanks for the posts. I’m also thinking of getting one.

·
Registered
17,353 Posts
Well, I made the decision last night, after reading all the postings, I determined the single six would be the best option, so I did a Buy it now on a 6 1/2 inch stainless 22LR/WMR. I think this will be a nice addition to my 22 collection. Since this picture I have added a Taurus TX22 and a Ruger Charger and now the Single Six. Now I'm SURE I'm done buying 22's.
View attachment 832896
Probably not. I don’t see the Ruger LCP II in .22LR in that picture...

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Yep, your correct, no 22 caliber LCP, but I do have it in 380 :eyebrow:.
Single six.JPG

Reactions: fflincher

·
Registered
252 Posts
Probably not. I don’t see the Ruger LCP II in .22LR in that picture...
Honestly I’d pass on the Ruger LCPII in .22LR. I’ve owned Single Six, an old Mark 22/45, and just bought another Single Six. Picked up the LCPII about 4-5 months ago and sold it. I know .22LR pistols can be picky but I had issues with everything I fed it. Light strikes... jams... I was told there is a break-in period but after 500 or so rounds still could not get through a single mag. It’s not a bash on Ruger - just sharing my experience with it. Maybe the Taurus TX22 has spoiled me too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Patrol Corporal
954 Posts
They are fun revolvers, but the alloy receivers and the finishes just leave me cold. The trigger pull wasn't great either.

The Single Six is mostly steel and will last for generations. It balances better in the hand as well.
Yes, but the single six costs three times the price of the wrangler.
I think the whole idea of the wrangler was to provide a cost efficient alternative to the single six.
I have 2 Super Single Sixes, a Single Six convertible, a three screw Single Six, and a Wrangler.

The Single Six is a better gun but there’s nothing wrong with the Wrangler, especially for the price.

As far as the alloy frame goes, I have a Colt Frontier Scout in 22LR and it has an all alloy frame. My dad got it in 1961 and it has had boatloads of rounds through it. I don’t shoot it anymore, but it is still fully functional.

·
Registered
125,560 Posts
Somebody, help me, I’m constantly being enticed by this revolver and I’m not certain why. I have never owned a single action revolver and not sure why I would want one, but every time I see mention of one, I rush out to see who has one in stock. So who has one and what are your thoughts?
Feels like a cheap POS.

Save a bit more and get a Single Six

·
Registered
6,036 Posts
I picked one up today at my LGS. I walk my dogs on an abandoned golf course behind my house. On chilly, but sunny days, the copperheads and timber rattlers like to sun themselves on the cart paths. None of my rim fire automatic pistols will cycle .22 lr shot shells very well; so the Wrangler will become a dedicated snake gun. It should serve that purpose very well without breaking the bank; and I don't really envision shooting it for much other than that.

I got it in the new Olive Drab Green color now being offered by Ruger.

20201218_203336.jpg

·
Registered
793 Posts
Somebody, help me, I’m constantly being enticed by this revolver and I’m not certain why. I have never owned a single action revolver and not sure why I would want one, but every time I see mention of one, I rush out to see who has one in stock. So who has one and what are your thoughts?
I keep considering one too. Tempting for the price and Ruger is a good brand. I've shot one several times.

·
Registered
793 Posts
They are fun revolvers, but the alloy receivers and the finishes just leave me cold. The trigger pull wasn't great either.

The Single Six is mostly steel and will last for generations. It balances better in the hand as well.
I want one of those too. But, I'm not sure I'm ready to pull the trigger on a $600 single action .22 LR. That's the thing. IF a Single Six was let's say $450, it might be a different calculus.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I want one of those too. But, I'm not sure I'm ready to pull the trigger on a $600 single action .22 LR. That's the thing. IF a Single Six was let's say $450, it might be a different calculus.
The only revolver I have is a stainless single six convertible—only cause I bought it used for half of retail.

Doubt I’d pay 6 bills for one either.

If I was gonna buy new, I think I’d rather have a single 10.

·
Registered
793 Posts
The only revolver I have is a stainless single six convertible—only cause I bought it used for half of retail.

Doubt I’d pay 6 bills for one either.

If I was gonna buy new, I think I’d rather have a single 10.
Right, I absolutely wish I could have a Ruger Bearcat or Single Six. New Bearcats look amazing with their engraving. However, those too are similar price, maybe $600-650 in a shop. Just feels for now like a lot. I'll keep an eye out for a used one. Didn't pull the trigger on a used one a few months back.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Now I'm SURE I'm done buying 22's.
View attachment 832896

Admit it, you're a slut just like the rest of us! You still need a Browning Buckmark. Over the years, the Buckmark has come out with some pretty interesting variants. A PPK in 22. And maybe a S&W M41. I'll admit though, that is the start of a pretty good collection.

·
Registered
889 Posts
No experience with the wrangler but I do have a single six fixed sights that I bought for $59.99 in 1969.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Admit it, you're a slut just like the rest of us! You still need a Browning Buckmark. Over the years, the Buckmark has come out with some pretty interesting variants. A PPK in 22. And maybe a S&W M41. I'll admit though, that is the start of a pretty good collection.
OK, so you are right. I just couldn't resist the 22 caliber Hammerli pistol my buddy was selling at a very reasonable price, so now this should complete the collection.
Hammerli.JPG

Reactions: RisingPhoenix
21 - 36 of 36 Posts