Ruger Warranty/Magnuson-Moss Act

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by 3rdgen40, Mar 15, 2010.

1. 3rdgen40

3rdgen40 .45 fanatic

After my recent purchase of a new Ruger 10/22,I was thumbing through the manual.I was shocked to find out that Ruger does not have a warranty.It has been many years since I owned a Ruger,but I assumed they had a warranty.
    Do they still stand behind their products, but avoid a written warranty because of legal issues or what ? :dunno:

2. dnuggett

dnuggett PRO 2A

They don't offer a written warranty because of the requirements state by state. Yes, they stand behind their guns.

3. ilgunguygt

ilgunguygt Enslaved in IL

Ruger has excellent customer service and will warranty their products, you can rest assured of that. I have even seen them go above and beyond when people "accidently" overcharge a blackhawk revolver and find the point of catastrophic failure.

4. 3rdgen40

3rdgen40 .45 fanatic

So the "no written warranty" is just a legal CYA issue ?

5. Texas357

Texas357 Señor Member CLM

pretty much.

6. 1time

1time Lifetime Member

+1 on the customer service. They sent a new set of grips and grip screw for my father's twenty plus year old single six that he lost coon hunting and didn't charge him.

7. CBennett

CBennett

yup because supposedly its different state to state so they just said to heck with that..they still stand behind their stuff though..I mean lets be honest...if they didnt..how long would they stay in business...

8. Novocaine

Novocaine

I don't think firearms are subject to consumer protection laws. At least on federal level. Every time I've called Ruger CS with a problem they didn't care how old the gun was or whether I was an original owner.

9. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

I never had problem with Ruger doing warranty work (or non-warranty work, whatever you want to call it) on manufacturer's defects. They definitely honor the repair of their defects.

I do have a problem with having to send my three wheelguns back to them for warranty work.

10. AZ Jeff

AZ Jeff

If you Google the "Moss-Magnuson Act" and read the provisions therein, you will understand why Ruger does not have a written warranty.

11. RonS

RonS Millennium Member

The only complaint that I have hear of over on the Ruger Forum is that they replace any non standard/modified parts on the gun if it goes through warranty service, regardless of how they affect the service issue in question. If you have a trigger job, keep the original parts to put in if you want to send it in for something or your trigger job may get undone.