Glock Talk banner
21 - 40 of 52 Posts
Do they come in pink yet? I'll have to buy two. My wife wants a pink digital camo P22. I much prefer the SR22 from what I here. My P22 is better than most but not what the SR22 appears to be.
They come in raspberry, a darker pink color

This is my wife's

My wife loves hers and my co-workers buy them 2 at a time they like them so much.
Now if the ammo can catch up.

Congratulations mac66, nice little pistol. My teenage daughters love to shoot my SR22.

Discussion starter · #26 · (Edited)
Had lots of plinkers over the years, both revolvers and semis. Here is kind of a old school vs. new school. Top is the beloved SR22 below it is an old Erma/Excam RX22. The RX22 is a German pistol which was assembled in the US by Excam in the early 80s to get around the import laws. I bought this new in the early 80s, sold it to a friend and then bought it back years later when he was hard up for money.

It is obviously a PPK knockoff, 8 shot double action. The safety is a thumb activated hammer block. It is does not have hammer drop so you could carry it cocked and locked. Pretty fun little gun to shoot but being all steel/zinc it is a lot heavier than the SR22. Comes apart like a PPK/s or Makarov by pulling down on the trigger guard. Sights are small and crappy and it is only marginally accurate. Overall however, it is better quality than the Ring of Fire autos (Jennings, Bryco, Davis etc) that came out of California.

The frame mounted safety worked the way almost all others do, instead of like a slide mounted safety. I would have bought it. I bought a P22 which also felt better in my hand.

Discussion starter · #28 · (Edited)
As long as we are talking about the SR22, I'll throw this out.

I have an Uncle Mike holster for it (it was actually given to me for something else but it works well for the SR22). It has a mag pocket on the front. I noticed that it holds 2 extra mags or 100 extra rounds of loose ammo (in a plastic bag).

So the question is, would you carry it out in the woods (not EDC) with the 2 mags or the extra 100 rounds?

Will it shoot most ammo without FTF issues. This would be a huge plus to me, last semi auto I owned choked on several brands of 22lr
Think maybe I will run down and check one out.

Will it shoot most ammo without FTF issues. This would be a huge plus to me, last semi auto I owned choked on several brands of 22lr
It seems to eat nearly everything I feed it.

Discussion starter · #32 · (Edited)
I shot CCI Blazer and Rem Golden bullets through mine with no FTFs. I only have about a hundred rounds through it though.

My wife's SR22 does not like Federal ammo, and it does not like any unplated ammo. Federal ammo sticks in the chamber and won't extract (about 1in 10 rounds). Unplated ammo leads the throat so bad that it needs to be cleaned after 2 mags. I think that the problem is that the chamber up to the rifling has a very poor machine finish. I spent some time last week lapping the chamber, and now the Federal ammo falls in and out. I plan on testing it today to see it the problem is fixed.

CCI and Remington plated ammo runs with out any problem.

I just need it to run Federal and unplated because I have about 4000 rounds of it.
But it is hers to shoot and mine to work on.
She loves it and is very good with it. I would even like one of my own.

My SR22 have eaten every brand that I can find and put through it. Doesn't cycle off the CCI subsonic, but then no other autos will either.

Still have accuracy issue. This thing groups minute-of-barndoor. But then it's cheap and it eats practically everything, so I don't sweat too much about the mechanical accuracy issue. It's accurate to get a newbie started.

My Sr22 is extremely accurate. We have routinely race to see who can knock empty 12G shells over the backstop at my local range @ 7 yards.
We toss out 5 shells each (1 mag each), green for him, red for me. guy with most shells over or highest up the berm, wins. looser buys the beer.
I have all parts from twin tech tactical and a stainless guide rod. he has the take down lever and stainless guide rod.

Cant say if the twin tech barrel is any more accurate than a "good" factory barrel.I swapped mine only because mine shot far left and I didnt feel like sending it to ruger for a new barrel. mine was machined wrong.

[ame="http://www.ebay.com/itm/Free-Shipping-Custom-Kydex-Pocket-IWB-OWB-Holster-Ruger-SR22-Pistol-/251290118667?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item3a820eea0b"]Kydex IWB holster[/ame]
I padded mine with a large piece of leather, it carry's Very vell
http://iwbholsterz.com/

Discussion starter · #38 ·
They are sweet shooters and eat almost everything you feed them.
My only issue was the up to fire safety, you get used of it over time but I never owned a firearm that was push up to fire..
Yeah, what the heck is with the Up safety?

Biggest problem for me is the double to single action transition. Been shooting some double action only pistols lately and when the trigger on the P22 doesn't go back out I momentarily think it's broke.

Yeah, what the heck is with the Up safety?

Biggest problem for me is the double to single action transition. Been shooting some double action only pistols lately and when the trigger on the P22 doesn't go back out I momentarily think it's broke.
The safety is backward IMO, but the DA/SA thing is just something you have to get used to. I prefer DA/SA.

21 - 40 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.