GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have one? Found a Security Six in brushed stainless, pachmeyer grips in 4" used for $399.00. While I didn't ask to hold it, it looks like it's in outstanding shape Opinions? I have a few other Rugers (SP101, GP100, LCP etc.) and thought this would be a great addition to my revolver collection.

·
Registered
7,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the fixed sight Service Six and its great.
Tag was mislabeled, it's actually a service six. It's in excellent shape, but I believe it's priced a bit high at $399.

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
Tag was mislabeled, it's actually a service six. It's in excellent shape, but I believe it's priced a bit high at $399.
I don't think that is to bad a price. First, you don't see a lot of them for sale, because most that have them, love them. Secondly, I don't know what SP 101's, and GP 100's, go for in your neck of the woods, but they are the best part of 5 and 6 hundred respectfully in mine. You did say excellent shape, and if it has the box and paper work, I don't think that is a bad price at all. This day anyways.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
I don't think that is to bad a price. First, you don't see a lot of them for sale, because most that have them, love them. Secondly, I don't know what SP 101's, and GP 100's, go for in your neck of the woods, but they are the best part of 5 and 6 hundred respectfully in mine. You did say excellent shape, and if it has the box and paper work, I don't think that is a bad price at all. This day anyways.
I agree, you don't see a lot of nice ones anymore. Besides, fixed sight service revolvers are cool.

·
Registered
7,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You guys are puttin the hurt on me to buy this gun!

It was still there today. I bought my SP101 (hammerless) used on a trade for $399 AND MY GP100 would go for $499 used around here.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
snag it! I got my security six in a similar situation. great guns, and as was said, they are not seen for sale alot; I also like them better than the GP.

·
Registered
7,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My only gripe is that it has a pachmeyer grip and not the original. I know I can order a Ruger grip but that just adds to the cost. I'll have to dig in to the safe and see what may want to trade...

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Around here, the asking price on that gun would be closer to $500. Offer $375 cash and get it. I did a trigger shim job/polish job/spring replacement on my Service Six with the 2.75" barrel and it is smooth like butter. Cost less than $20 for the spring and shims. They're great revolvers and will hold up to almost any loads you put through them.

·
Registered
7,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow dude! Blast from the past. I first posted this thread in 2011. Yes, I'd bet the price is around $500.00 by now. Still regret I didn't pull the trigger and buy it.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
mean time i have acquired 2 GP 100s. When it comes right down to it the G P is the better design, the balance is better.

·
Registered
7,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
mean time i have acquired 2 GP 100s. When it comes right down to it the G P is the better design, the balance is better.
As have I, a 4" and 6".

1 - 13 of 13 Posts