close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ruger s-r9

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by bravorigging, Feb 24, 2010.

1. bravorigging

bravorigging

Ruger S-R9.Any one have any dealings with this model ,what are your thoughts about it.

2. CBennett

CBennett

I have the SR9c its a nice gun. Thinner than the Glock I traded in on it has ambi controls. the regular SR9's trigger isnt great but the C's trigger is a lot better.

3. ronin.45

ronin.45

Locally they are going for around $450. For that price they are a joke. It is a solid gun but it has a terrible trigger(full size, I've not shot the c model) and no part/accessory availability. You would be better served with any of the other $500 guns. Glocks, M&P's, and XD's are all better guns for about the same money. You need to look at all the factors when you buy a gun and part/acc. availability is a big one. If ruger would have kept this one around $379 it would rule the roost in that category, but they want to compete with the big boys and that's a tough game to play.

4. bravorigging

bravorigging

Thanks for the replies,what is the C model?

5. itstime

itstime

Compact that just came out recently.

6. wired

wired

bad trigger despite fluff and buff and poor accuracy
    the C version may be better

7. pdog1517

pdog1517

I briefly owned one. Grip is outstanding, trigger is crap, and my LCP was more accurate. Save your money. It did have a decent fit and finish, I'll give it that.

8. skeeter1959

skeeter1959

Had one and sold it to get my Para GI Expert. For polymer guns, I'm sold on the Xd's.

9. UniversalBrow06

UniversalBrow06

Look at the C models. They're supposedly improved in many regards. How improved remains to be seen. But people around seem to like them.

10. poles19

poles19

I actually just shot my dads SR9 yesterday at the range. I am more accurate with the SR9 than my M&P 40. I don't think the trigger is that bad. My favorite part of the gun is the grip. It feels great in my hand (better than my M&P), its slim and the gun still holds 17 rounds.

11. Jim B in CO

Jim B in CO

I've read that the SR9s are going to have the same trigger as the SR9c. Apparently, the parts don't retrofit to the older SR9s. I have no idea if this is 100% true; I'd recommend calling Ruger and talking to them about it if you're seriously considering an SR9.

12. CBennett

CBennett

its a compact model very different sixe grip size is close to Glock 26/27 size slide is between the Glock 27/27 and 19/23 size kinda right in the muddle..its a bit thinner than the glock measuring the slide NOT the controls on it and the trigger on the compact was totally changed because of the regular SR9 trigger complaints..that said the new trigger is being fitted into the NEWER SR9's so if you get a brand new SR9 ask to see if its really a "new" one with the new trigger..if it is you should e good to go...and supposedly GHOST is coming out with a SR9 trigger here at start of March to fix even the older SR9's to have a nicer trigger.

My SR9c's trigger is pretty close to what the Glock was IMO

13. CBennett

CBennett

its not a Sigma like trigger(aka horrible) by and means but the new trigger thats going in them and in all the SR9c's is a lot better.

14. Range Rat

Range Rat

I had an SR9 for about a year. It was my EDC and was a fine pistol. Put 1200 flawless rounds through it. Fit and finish were very good. The trigger was not a problem for me, I appreciated the manual external safety and it carried well. For range time, it was accurate enough. I think I paid $425 when i bought it. Sold it to a good friend to help him get into the sport and he's happy with it. I just decided to standardize around the Glock platform.

15. poles19

poles19

I'll have to try out a new SR9 when they get the new trigger.

16. G33

G33 Frisky! CLM Millennium Member

Nice gun.
    Fair price.
    Good company.
    :supergrin: