Home > Firearms Forums > General Firearms Forum > Ruger PC Charger for Concealed Carry

Ruger Ruger PC Charger for Concealed Carry

1. I have a modest collection of rifles, shotguns, pistols, and revolvers - all carefully chosen for specific purposes, and honestly sometimes that includes just plinking.

I purchased a Ruger PC Carbine for a specific purpose - combined with my Glock 9mms and magazines makes a nice easy to carry package if SHTF.

Earlier this year picked up the pistol version and have really struggled as to why I needed it other than the coolness factor? Watched many videos and read countless reviews before purchasing and that certainly swayed me. Plus the Ruger PC Carbine is a joy to shoot. But again why do I need a pistol carbine? That led me to offering it up for trade or sell on numerous occasions.

This morning I read the following review and the light came on:

https://www.gunsandammo.com/editorial/ruger-pc-charger-review/384779

The Ruger PC Charger is the ultimate concealed carry gun at a price point below many striker fired hand guns! Because it is a PISTOL by definition, it can legally be carried concealed in a backpack. I hope that I’d never be in a situation where I’d need to tote it, but with a Glock 45 and the PC Charger in a backpack at a little over 11 inches broken down - makes a formidable concealed package.

So now (at least in my own mind), I can justify the space it takes up in my safe. It is the ultimate concealed carry. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Did you put a brace on the Charger? If not it's just a bigger, ungainly version of your regular G45.

3. Some states regulate the overall size of what you can carry as a CCW.

Know your laws.

4. I can totally see it as a HD gun backed up by the G19s and a bunch of G17 mags.

Or for RV or hotel stays.

5. Pointless as a carry gun. Carry guns need to be readily accessible.

The point of the charger is to have an ultra compact PDW when you add a brace.

Makes a great HD weapon.

6. What he said.

7. Yes, and think that’s why I was seeing it as a rifle and questioning why I needed it since already had the PC carbine. Retrospect don’t know if I’d buy again, but certainly not selling.

8. Beginning to question your firearm purchases is a good sign.

9. For me it's a sign of too many guns, too little money. :)

10. In the past that was my problem too GD. But in recent times it was the realization that I'd acquired more firearms than I had purpose for, forcing me to remind myself that I'm a firearm enthusiast and not simply a "gun collector", believing the two to be mutually exclusive.

11. It’s very easy to become a collector and certainly nothing wrong with that. For me it’s not about the money, but it’s about ‘time’ and ‘space’. I hate seeking something just sit and take up space. I also have limited time to shoot and would rather use that time practicing with guns that actually serve a purpose for me whether hunting, self defense, or just improving marksmanship. It’s so easy if you have the money, to jump out and buy the latest and greatest - especially if you spend your evenings browsing and reading reviews. It’s taken me 60 years but finally realizing sometimes less is best. If I’m not using it, maybe time to thin out if it’s just taking up space.

12. Thanks for the reply, I feel the same way that you do.

Some act as if the high number of firearms they own represents a symbol of their knowledge of all things firearm, but more often than not it only reveals their high level of conceit and arrogance.

I remember reading in one of the "So, how many guns do you own?" threads here in the past when a guy very proudly proclaimed that he owned over 200 firearms, which drew oooooohs and aaaaaaahs from the easily impressed members here. Then he slipped in one of his later replies in the same thread the fact that he owned a gunstore...I got a good laugh out of that ;)

13. But, depending upon the outcome of the election what is not in your safe may never be in your safe again.

14. That's certainly possible.

But once we're going down that road, the odds are just as likely that you won't be able to keep everything currently in your safe.

Or even if you are permitted to keep it, you may be prohibited from selling it or passing it on for someone to inherit.

There are no guarantees with Dem power grabs.

15. I think the odds of banning manufacture and sales is much more likely than confiscation. And inheritance, even for NFA, is treated differently under law.

Takings and retroactive laws under law are much more scrutinized by courts than ones moving forward.

And I have already lived through this. Mags over 15 rounds were banned but so as to not have court challenges everything before the ban was grandfathered.