close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ruger P345 feed back.

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by ESI Agent, Feb 12, 2010.

1. ESI Agent

ESI Agent

Just trying to get some feed back on the Ruger P345 durability/quality. So far my research has been very good. The early models has a small issue but that has long been taken care of.
    I have other Rugers and they are solid work horses with a life time warranty.

2. Ljay

Ljay Micky's Packin

Had mine for about 4yrs now, No issues whatever, not one malfunction in 300-400rds, Use it for carry sometimes,

3. mdwiese

mdwiese aka "Crash"

Had one for about a year, and it went on my list of "god, why did I sell that" about ten minutes after it was gone. Function was flawless in the 500 or so rounds I sent down range. Accuracy was great, first outing I kept them all in the X-ring at 15 yards.

4. Dr. J Frame

Dr. J Frame LSWCHP +P

I have an '06 model. I swear I cannot remember having a single malfunction with it. Used it for USPSA and IDPA quite a bit when I lived next to DPMS too.

I now load it with some Federal 230gr JHP. It was a canceled LE contract that Ammunition To GO was selling cheap. Bought 1,000 rounds this last order. Perfect function.

5. Glock21Owner

Glock21Owner NRA Life Member

I had one that intermittently wouldn't fire. Sent it to Ruger three times, and it was still bad. They replaced it and the new one was just as bad as the original, so it went back for a refund. I never dry fired the pistol or otherwise misused it; it was going to be my off duty carry gun but it was extremely unreliable, regardless of what brand/type of ammo I ran through it. Sent the second one back and Ruger refunded me every penny I spent on the pistol, including sales tax and all shipping costs incurred.

6. up1911fan

up1911fan

Ruger's are built like tanks.

7. ESI Agent

ESI Agent

I had a feeding problem with my P97. The slide would not go all the way forward so I sent it back to Ruger and they went thru it and sent it back and I had the same problem. Thinking I just needed to brake it in I started loading it and letting the slide go into battery and I still had the same problem. I took it apart and put some remi oil and it worked fine since then never had a problem with it again. I put tetra oil on it the first time and I guess because the lower receiver is plastic the tetra did not work. Like I said never had a problem since. It's a nice shooting gun. The nice thing about Ruger Is they stand behind their product that's one of the main reasons I continue to do business with them.

8. dc2integra

dc2integra

great guns my brother has one everytime we go shooting it performs well has never had a ftf it has over 1k rounds through it

9. HekiDanjo

HekiDanjo

I love mine BUT
    remember never to dry fire it without a magazine in place.

10. UniversalBrow06

UniversalBrow06

I have commented at length about my friend's P345. I recommended he give it the college try after he explained his personal uses for it, price range, and appeal. This was just a few months after it came out. Since then we have both shot the snot out of it.

After thousands of rounds through the pipe, he's still loving it as much as when he got it the first day. It's been a great pistol for a guy who loves going to the range, keeps it by the bedside, and cleans it only once in a blue moon. Very durable, reliable, and not bad at all in the accuracy department.

He now also has a Glock 23, and a Walther P22. Granted they're all very different pistols, but he much prefers the Ruger (He likes the Glock quite a bit, but the Walther has given him trouble).