Ruger New Bearcat

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Bluescot, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Bluescot

Bluescot

I took the grips off my Ruger New Bearcat to find the trigger spring and wanted to drop one leg to reduce the pull weight and .......................it wasn't there !!!!!!

Anyone with info on how this trigger set up works on the New Bearcats ? I was looking for it to reduce the trigger pull as this wee shooter has a smooth but heavy trigger pull for it's size.

P.S. I know about the supposed light strikes that doing this adjustment can bring but after doing this on 3 Vaqueros with no light strikes or failures to fire .....I'm good with it. One plus is that it is immediately reversible if there is a negative outcome. Clipping coils of the spring is a one way street.

2. nmglock

nmglock

Why would you buy a new gun and then screw with it? Are you a gunsmith? Jeez, if you didn't like the trigger don't buy the gun. I hate when people screw with firearms.

porschedog likes this.

3. Bluescot

Bluescot

Yeah I agree with you. I hate it when people buy a new gun and then screw with it when they put new sights on it or different grips or even....hold on.....a improved trigger!!!!

What the heck. Who do they think they are .....a gunsmith ??? As we know that only a gunsmith can make these changes safely, right.???

I hate it when people screw with firearms too .....when they are trying to improve on the performance of a new gun. If they don't like it why did they buy it when they should have left everything stock ??

Some people never do the things I want them to do with their own guns. It makes me sooooo mad I just don't think I can stand it.

Quigley, gamecocks, plp and 9 others like this.
  4. nmglock

nmglock

Everybody needs a match trigger. Just face it you couldn't hit the broadside of a barn no matter what trigger it has.

5. Bluescot

Bluescot

Wow that sounds hostile. I was only making fun of your ridiculous post and then you go all snarky on this one. Sounds like I touched a very sensitive nerve about your knowledge of pistols and if I did......oh well. Would love to have a shootin" contest with you because a pistol knowledge duel with you would be unfair.

Carry on son....keep beating that drum.....someone somewhere sometime will listen to you.

gamecocks likes this.
  6. Tickhill

Tickhill Eternity: Smoking or Non-Smoking

I guess if you paid for it, you can do what you want to it.
    I bet you drink sugary soft drinks out of a 32 oz. plastic, non-recyclable cup too.

7. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Somebody is triggered.

gamecocks, ReaPer105 and Valmet like this.
  8. ChuteTheMall

ChuteTheMall Wallbuilder and Weapon Bearer

Just shoot it single action. :rofl:

Borg Warner likes this.
  9. Valmet

Valmet M62/76 Silver Member

Your gun, your business OP. I hate it when ppl with nothing constructive to say horn in on others posts...

gamecocks, hannstv, MNBud and 3 others like this.
  10. nmglock

nmglock

Worked at a LGS for years and had to fix problems owners did to their guns. They thought they were smarter than the engineers that designed them. I'm not talking replacing sights i'm talking major mods that they had no business performing. Then I had to fix the mistakes to get the gun working and hear the *****ing about the cost. Then had to listen again when they wanted to trade a modified gun and found out it was worth nothing. All I am saying is if you don't like something about a gun when brand new, maybe it isn't the firearm for you.

11. Borg Warner

Borg Warner

Contact Wolff Springs. 800-545-0077 Or, get to know your friendly neighborhood gunsmith.

https://www.gunsprings.com/RUGER/BEARCAT & SUPER BEARCAT/cID3/mID52/dID235

Filhar likes this.
  12. billorights

billorights

It's under the trigger guard.*

*The trigger spring that is. The mainspring and strut should be under the grips. I don't know how the gun would work without it.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
  13. Bluescot

Bluescot

Congratulations.....hope you didn't sell any of those dangerous replacement parts during your sojourn in the LGS

14. Terry G

Terry G

It's your gun do what you want. I have heard a lot of "So the first thing I did, of course, was take a Dremel to the feed ramp......just finish the sentence in your experience.

15. bac1023

bac1023

Good luck in getting it sorted.

16. Nick B

Nick B

Man some of you guys are being kind of rough on the OP. He wasn’t talking about taking a hacksaw and grinder to the gun . What he’s talking about is a very common minor and non permanent mod for the Ruger rimfire single actions .
    OP over on Rimfire Central there is a sub forum devoted to the Bearcat.

17. Filhar

Filhar

18. Gino

Gino Millennium Member

To the OP:

I'm surprised that you need to do a trigger job on a single action gun. Is the trigger pull that hard, or are you just wanting to mess with it? (FWIW, I'm also a tinkerer.) Granted, Ruger does tend to over-spring their guns...

19. Guss

Guss

Sadly, too many manufacturers are using "lawyer triggers". I've had to modify every (new) pistol I've bought. It's sad to hear that Ruger is hiding their trigger spring now. It used to be super easy to replace - no gunsmith needed.

gamecocks and Bluescot like this.
  20. 45caldan

45caldan

None of Ruger’s “new model” SA revolvers have EVER had a good trigger out of the box IMO!

Bluescot likes this.