Ruger LCP chrome, mag extension, and crimson trace?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by alfred10, Nov 11, 2010.

1. alfred10

alfred10

I started with an LCP as a BUG and it worked really good. My Kahr .380 jams and the thumb release is way too large. I tend to lock the slide under recoil by accident.

How well do the new 7 round mag extensions and other extended mags work on the LCP? As reliable as a 6 round?

How about the crimson trace? Seems like a good weak hand pocket point shooter.

Any complaints about the hard chrome? I liked my LCP but the hardchrome would have made it more resistant to the elements.

I really only bought the kahr for the sights and ability to carry buffalo bore hard cast which jams in mine. I think I will just go back to an LCP with gold dots. Kahr was a 650$ mistake...

Is the sig .380 alot larger than the LCP? Would front pocket carry be hard with the sig .380?

Last edited: Nov 11, 2010
  2. M2 Carbine

M2 Carbine

I haven't seen these yet.

It works fine. I was practicing with it yesterday.

I understand $**** mistake. I bought the SIG P238 and .380 Diamondback and have had nothing but trouble with both of them. Both have been sent back to SIG and DB, the SIG twice, and they are still completely unreliable.

You might want to stick with the LCP.

3. Collo Rosso

Collo Rosso

No complaints with my hard chrome LCP. Have carried it pretty much every day for a couple months and put around 300 rounds throught it. Still looks NIB. It has gotten wet a few times also.

4. Gregg702

Gregg702 Gold Member

I carry a Sig P238 every day, hardly notice it. The new mags made mine very reliable, it is soft shooting, has real sights, and a good SA trigger pull.

5. Clay1

Clay1

Rugers website doesn't have a hard chrome LCP 380. How about a link to a photo?

Edited to say that I found it under Distributor Exclusives.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2010