Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Second2None
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive now twice over heard at 2 different gunshops that Ruger is in the works of making a LC40. Just like the LC9 but in 40 s&w. Anyone know about this and when it maybe out? Anyone intrested in one?

·
Second2None
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your most uninformal post

·
Stop the steal!
18,862 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if Ruger makes a LC40, because it will sell and produce profits.

As others have pointed out, it will have substantial kick to it in something so light.

I have a Kahr MK40, and like it very much, but it's all steel......can absorb some of that power.

ooc

·
"Don't Tread On Me!"
6,425 Posts
It'll probably happen. Ruger did bring out a 40cal version of their SR9 so why not an LC40 to go with their LC9
Likes been said, it'll be a handful to shoot but guns like this aren't meant to be shot a lot anyway.

·
Registered
8,215 Posts
I wouldn't want to shoot .40 out of anything smaller than my Sig P239. And thats coming from someone who has no problem shooting an LCR .357.

·
Registered
615 Posts
ive heard rumors of it when the lc9 first came out, i would buy one fore sure.

·
Grandmaaaaaaa!!!!!!
561 Posts
You know it's eventually gonna happen. People will limp wrist the hell out of them and they will get a bad name. Thats my prediction anyway.

·
is not cool.
3,016 Posts
I love my .40 PPS, the recoil isn't bad. If Ruger makes it, they'll sell a boatload of 'em.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

·
Second2None
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You know it's eventually gonna happen. People will limp wrist the hell out of them and they will get a bad name. Thats my prediction anyway.
Sounds about right. Maybe they could beef it up with some weight a bit to handle the rounds. I dont see why they wouldnt make one though. I bet theyd sell quite a few. Id buy one.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ruger will do a LC40 very soon. I can't wait for the Glock 36 Versus LC45 for the best small single stack .45.:rofl:

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Well since I plan to pick up a LC9 for one of my Christmas gifts to me, they will probebly come out with the 40sw version a few months later, forcing me to buy another gun.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if Ruger makes a LC40, because it will sell and produce profits.

As others have pointed out, it will have substantial kick to it in something so light.

I have a Kahr MK40, and like it very much, but it's all steel......can absorb some of that power.

ooc
I don't think there really is much of a market for a gun this size in .40, if there was there would be more manufacturers making them. I believe Kahr and Taurus are the only manufacturers who make a .40 close in size to the LC9. KelTec tried but eventually gave up due to not being able to get the design to work reliably, and low sales. 9mm guns this small are already a handful, .40 recoil would be brutal, and after the gun is beefed up to handle .40, it's going to be heavier and thicker, taking away the advantages of the small, slim design. There's been several new pocket sized 9mm's coming out lately, but no .40 versions, if there really was a large market for such a small .40 at least one manufacturer would jump on, there would be a lot less competition than in the small 9mm market. Performance wise, there isn't going to be much of a difference between 9mm and .40 out of the short barrel at close range, just a lot more recoil from the .40.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts