Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's hard to not notice all the news coming out of Ruger. They have near daily new product announcements.

- Ruger Precision Rimfire
- PC Carbine
- Security 9
- EC9S
- 10mm SR1911
- SP101 Match Champion
- .450 Bushmaster Scout Rifle
- Mark IV competition
- GP100 44 Special
- .357 Mag 8 Shot Redhawk
- 10mm Redhawk
- 9mm SP101
- 7 Round GP100 .357 Mag.

They just announced a Ruger Shooting Team captained by Doug Koenig. Apparently he gave Ruger his specs for a new competition pistol and they built it and promptly returned it to him. It also sounds like it's going to compete across the spectrum; IDPA, USPSA, SCSA, SASS, 3GUN, Precision Rifle.

http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com...leaves-smith-wesson-to-be-team-ruger-captain/

I fully anticipate a competition version of the SR1911 and extended and lightened slide optics ready Ruger American pistol aimed at IDPA SSP/ESP and USPSA Limited/Production will be announced very shortly.

Yesterday I got my monthly email from IDPA. Included in it was a link to a competition equipment survey by Ruger. They asked my opinion on ESP, SSP, REV, CDP, CCP and BUG competition feature preferences.

Based on inside information and recent announcements, I believe "Race on Sunday, Sell on Monday" has been finally been adopted as a strategy at Ruger.

·
NRA Life Member
5,721 Posts
I have several Rugers among other brands as well, but Ruger is a very solid company and offers guns for every need I have except shotgun.

And yes, they keep turning out new innovations, but for me, they've been a contender for a long time.

Not the flashiest, but always solid--- they are the Ford F150 or the Toyota Camry of the shooting world.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have several Rugers among other brands as well, but Ruger is a very solid company and offers guns for every need I have except shotgun.

And yes, they keep turning out new innovations, but for me, they've been a contender for a long time.

Not the flashiest, but always solid--- they are the Ford F150 or the Toyota Camry of the shooting world.
Sounds like they're upping their game and getting ready to release competition-ready Corvettes or GTs in addition to the everyman workaday Camrys or F150s.

·
Registered
7,616 Posts

Agreed. A very solid company financially as well. We were talking about that in the 'mouse gun' thread. They've sold over 1.5 million LCP's for example. The 10/22 has been popular for years. The LC9 series and now the EC9 and Security 9 are getting a lot of chat on the net. And of course their revolvers.

I have several of their products (LC9, LC9s and LCP). I've been very impressed with them.

·
Huge Member
11,252 Posts
I noticed the announcement of a shooting team. I was wondering what kind of pistol they were going to use. I suppose their 1911 is the prime candidate. Making a professionally competitive 1911 will certainly raise their profile and credibility.

Reactions: Kentucky Shooter

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I noticed the announcement of a shooting team. I was wondering what kind of pistol they were going to use. I suppose their 1911 is the prime candidate. Making a professionally competitive 1911 will certainly raise their profile and credibility.
The 1911 is a given. My understanding is that they will also be competing with their ARs, Ruger Precision Rifles, Revolvers and extended/lightened-slide Optic-Ready competition versions of the Ruger American Pistol currently in development.

·
NRA Life Member
29,081 Posts
It's hard to not notice all the news coming out of Ruger. They have near daily new product announcements.

- Ruger Precision Rimfire
- PC Carbine
- Security 9
- EC9S
- 10mm SR1911
- SP101 Match Champion
- .450 Bushmaster Scout Rifle
- Mark IV competition
- GP100 44 Special
- .357 Mag 8 Shot Redhawk
- 10mm Redhawk
- 9mm SP101
- 7 Round GP100 .357 Mag.

They just announced a Ruger Shooting Team captained by Doug Koenig. Apparently he gave Ruger his specs for a new competition pistol and they built it and promptly returned it to him. It also sounds like it's going to compete across the spectrum; IDPA, USPSA, SCSA, SASS, 3GUN, Precision Rifle.

http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com...leaves-smith-wesson-to-be-team-ruger-captain/

I fully anticipate a competition version of the SR1911 and extended and lightened slide optics ready Ruger American pistol aimed at IDPA SSP/ESP and USPSA Limited/Production will be announced very shortly.

Yesterday I got my monthly email from IDPA. Included in it was a link to a competition equipment survey by Ruger. They asked my opinion on ESP, SSP, REV, CDP, CCP and BUG competition feature preferences.

Based on inside information and recent announcements, I believe "Race on Sunday, Sell on Monday" has been finally been adopted as a strategy at Ruger.

I would ask ede if he thinks Ruger makes a precision rimfire.

:animlol:

https://www.glocktalk.com/threads/ruger-precession-rimfire-range-report.1688877/#post-24984683

Reactions: Dan and vart

·
Brew Crew
28,966 Posts
My first two guns were rugers, I've had a handful more since then and have never had a bad one. People will knock them as you often see on here. Imo they make some nice stuff for a reasonable price, and try to cover across the board for everybody. I'd say even more so now, they sure haven't been afraid to get their feet wet introducing new product lines.

Don't think you can buy a better semi auto 22, my GP is one of my favorite revolvers. I'll continue to be a fan.

·
Registered
31,888 Posts
Because Bill is dead.

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
Ruger is the “every mans” gun. One that the common man can afford and it will serve him well.

Their customer service is above and beyond. I went to their Prescott place more than a few years ago. I had bought a used LCP and wanted to change out the springs, and I was in the area. I stopped in to see if they had a shop to buy parts. The girl said no, but called one of the engineers out. He came out with two sets of springs, new guide rod, Ruger product magazines and a sticker and mouse pad. On the house. Offered to pay and they refused. Friendly people. Too bad they didn’t do tours of the facility.

·
Huge Member
11,252 Posts
And you didn’t even mention the MPR. That’s a lot of rifle for the money.

Absolutely! I was at a competition last summer and all the cool kids had homebuilt rifles with all the features. I took notes on what they had with the idea I would build something similar. When I saw the MPR it triggered me to go back and look at my notes. It had all the features on my list at a fraction of the price it would have cost me to build.

Reactions: gatorboy

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
This is evidently a company under good management, one that intends to increase market share significantly.

Regardless of the fact that they have some solid and established products (10/22, rimfire pistols, revolvers, LC's) they are not afraid to innovate and enter new markets or segments thereof.

Rather than stagnate like (.... insert your choice of manufacturer here) they are looking into new and existing products and expand their product line. The challenge will be maintaining both quality out of the box and client service.

It's refreshing to see an American company using this slump in demand to ramp up their offerings and explore new venues.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I didn't intend to become a Ruger Fan Boy and I can quit buying Rugers any time I want to-honestly I can. Of course I picked up a second Vaquero BH grip .357 yesterday. I have a LCP..357 LCR. LW Cmd 1911 in 9mm, two Vaqueros in .357-the BH grip and a Bisley grip-and what started out as a 10/22 and end up a total Kidd parts except for Fedderson barrel and Victor stock. I have been unfaithful from time to time-four Glocks and three S&Ws and a Dan Wesson. I haven't intended to buy Ruger it just turned out it was the product I wanted and the CS is outstanding with a practical life time warrnty/non-warranty of the gun as long as Ruger is in business. Now my eye is on the PC 9mm carbine!

1 - 20 of 75 Posts