Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
8,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at guns online again and this one caught my eye. It's sub $600 price tag after shipping and FFL seemed like a fair deal for this 36 oz. chunk of steel. I have never held or fired a Ruger revolver but have S&W's in the double digits. So first thing was to see what frame size the GP compared to in S&W's offerings. OK, L frame it was. I was really starting to get excited about possibly adding another 44 special to the stable. I did a google search for reviews and first one I see claims this revolver has a five chamber cylinder, not six like the specs I saw stated. Maybe it was a typo? I read on until I saw a pic. It is a five shot. So it was a typo but not in the good way. Still very cool looking revolver IMO. Ruger makes some I would not want to take up safe space with if they were free.

Anyway, the main reason I made this thread was I was watching a video and paused it for a phone call. I saved it because I'm a gun dork. I tried to do it again a few times intentionally and failed. Use this thread to talk me and others into one of these revolvers.
Screenshot Photography Multimedia software Software Shooting sport

Attachments

·
NRA Life Member
13,477 Posts
I have one and love it. I handload 255 grain WFN hard cast bullets and push them around 1,100 fps. Its very accurate and while not a magnum load there's not much I can't shoot in North America with it that wouldn't at least think twice about what it was doing....:)

I also have a Ruger flattop blackhawk in .44 special...

If you want a magnum buy a magnum--they make them every day. But the .44 special is a very capable cartridge--easily on par with a .45 ACP in factory fodder and capable of so much more in a modern gun like a Ruger.

·
NRA Benefactor
5,792 Posts
I like the 44mag/44spl and I prefer revolvers, but the 44spl isn't too different from the 45ACP. For self defense, with a G36, I can have more rounds in a similar size package.

But from a collector POV, it looks interesting. The S&W variant is the 69. It is a 5 shot 44 magnum in an L frame.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts