Ruger GP 100 Grips

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by wrenrj1, Mar 13, 2005.

1. wrenrj1

wrenrj1

I have a used GP 100 .357 on layaway, and the typical Ruger grip is formed for a right handed grip. I will be ordering either a Hogue or Ruger rubber grip for this revolver. They look almost exactly alike on their respective websites. Anyone had experience with either of these grips?

2. Maxthemutt

Maxthemutt

I have a GP100 and never noticed they were for a RH grip. Mine feels neutral. I also have the Hogue finger groove grip and like it.

3. wrenrj1

wrenrj1

Is there not a small groove for the thumb to rest on the left side of the grip? I didn't notice this groove on the right side. I'm also talking about the Ruger factory grip with the wood inlay that is currently on the revolver if there are different standard factory grips...

4. eljay45

eljay45 NRA member

Isn't that to make loading easier?

5. wrenrj1

wrenrj1

Good point...I'll have to go back and look at one to see, however I would think that the aftermarket grips would also account for this if it was an issue, but maybe it isn't with those grips.

I do know that I will be changing grips with a hogue or Ruger rubber grip if anyone has experience with the Ruger rubber grip in particular.

6. eljay45

eljay45 NRA member

I have a set of the Hogue finger groove grips. They have the same indentation on the left side as the factory wood/ rubber grips. I've got my GP100 here in front of me. Using a speed loader would be real hard to do with out the indentation in the grips.

7. eljay45

eljay45 NRA member

If you decide you want a set of the Hogue finger groove grips let me know. Mine are for sale.