Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have to brag on Ruger’s customer service.

I traded into a used GP100 last week. That did not come with the plastic case or owners manual. I called Ruger and asked if I could but them. The representative said that they can not sell them to me, but will send me them at no charge. They are even reprinting the serial numbered label for the box.

This is customer service at its best.

·
Registered
45,279 Posts
Of any company I have ever dealt with involving customer service, Ruger has to be far and away the best of the bunch.

I bought a used Ruger pistol and was unhappy with the grouping. I sent it to Ruger and asked that it meet the spec's it was originally built to.

They sent me back a tack driver that was remarkable for its accuracy. No charge, no complaints, not angst. Just the best service I ever got from a merchant.

·
Registered
15,731 Posts
Heard nothing but good things about their customer service.

The word on the interwebs is that their CS is so good because it gets used so much. Buying a Ruger these days, especially a wheelgun, is tantamount to rolling the dice.

Havn't heard much negative issues with the LCPs and LC9s and such, but the revolvers are apparently stretching Ruger's ability to build a pistol correctly.

·
Registered
778 Posts
I was missing a scope mount screw for a 10/22. I emailed what I was missing, expecting a cut and paste, "We're sorry for the inconvenience" reply. Instead, I got a phone call from a super sweet lady, who spoke English wanting to resolve my problem. No questions asked, shipped free.

·
M62/76
12,986 Posts
The few times I’ve ever needed to contact them, I’ve always found Ruger CS to be spot on.

Reactions: John Wesley

·
Deranged Deputy
14,595 Posts
I hope there are some gun company reps out there that check this thread out. Good Customer Service sells guns. I have dealt with Ruger's customer service on several occasions and have never been disappointed. That is why I own more Rugers than any other brand I suppose.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Exactly!

This is my second Ruger, and it definitely won’t be be last!
I hope there are some gun company reps out there that check this thread out. Good Customer Service sells guns. I have dealt with Ruger's customer service on several occasions and have never been disappointed. That is why I own more Rugers than any other brand I suppose.

·
NRA Benefactor
5,734 Posts
My only experiences seem have are that the model I have is no longer supported and parts are not available.

I do have a Single Six I bought in 1979 where the cylinder feels like it is dragging. I may call them up and ask them if they will look at it.

·
Registered
12,080 Posts
own a lot of Rugers, from single action revolvers to pistols.
have also given many as gifts.
used CS for an issue twice in perhaps thirty years, and have been well pleased with the result.
the firm also is excellent when i order things like replacement springs.
Ruger and Dillon would be my co #1's.

·
Registered
13,802 Posts
Heard nothing but good things about their customer service.

The word on the interwebs is that their CS is so good because it gets used so much. Buying a Ruger these days, especially a wheelgun, is tantamount to rolling the dice.

Havn't heard much negative issues with the LCPs and LC9s and such, but the revolvers are apparently stretching Ruger's ability to build a pistol correctly.
I have owned six Rugers.

My first handgun was a Mark I
10/22
Police Service Six
Mark II
SR9c
and a 22/45 Lite.

I couldn't tell you the first thing about Ruger customer service, because I have never had anything go wrong where I needed it.

Reactions: garya1961 and Adam5

·
Registered
15,731 Posts
I have owned six Rugers.

My first handgun was a Mark I
10/22
Police Service Six
Mark II
SR9c
and a 22/45 Lite.

I couldn't tell you the first thing about Ruger customer service, because I have never had anything go wrong where I needed it.
Consider yourself lucky. Their quality has deteriorated pretty badly the past few years, apparently.

·
Banned
65,070 Posts
Ruger does have excellent customer service. However, I would love to not have to prevail on their customer service so often.

·
NRA "Benefactor Life" Member
726 Posts
I have to brag on Ruger’s customer service.

I traded into a used GP100 last week. That did not come with the plastic case or owners manual. I called Ruger and asked if I could but them. The representative said that they can not sell them to me, but will send me them at no charge. They are even reprinting the serial numbered label for the box.

This is customer service at its best.
I have had the best of luck dealing with Ruger's CS. I see in the posts a lot of grumbling about quality. Sorry to see this but I must say that I recently purchased there 1911 and it is awesome in accuracy and looks.

·
Registered
13,802 Posts
Consider yourself lucky. Their quality has deteriorated pretty badly the past few years, apparently.
Maybe so, but I have not seen any evidence of it.
The 22/45 and SR9c are the two most recent Rugers and have performed flawlessly, but I do understand that occasionally a bad one will slip through.
As long as they take care of any problems that arise, I wont be complaining.

·
Registered
15,731 Posts
I have had the best of luck dealing with Ruger's CS. I see in the posts a lot of grumbling about quality. Sorry to see this but I must say that I recently purchased there 1911 and it is awesome in accuracy and looks.
I've purchased three Ruger firearms the past three years and none have gone back; a 22/45 Lite, a Blackhawk Bisley, and an SR556.

The Bisley needed some finish touch up and the cylinder needs to go to a gunsmith to have all the holes the same and proper size.

Another forum I'm on consists of mostly old timers who buy a lot of revolvers and single-actions from Ruger and they have had some pretty bad horror stories.

·
Supreme Member
4,027 Posts
I did the same thing earlier this week. I asked Ruger for a replacement box for my No. 1 rifle. I got the UPS notice yesterday that my box is on it's way.

·
Good looking deplorable
7,148 Posts
I can also say from making multiple calls to many gun companies over the years, Ruger has been by far the best to deal with.

·
NRA "Benefactor Life" Member
726 Posts
I've purchased three Ruger firearms the past three years and none have gone back; a 22/45 Lite, a Blackhawk Bisley, and an SR556.

The Bisley needed some finish touch up and the cylinder needs to go to a gunsmith to have all the holes the same and proper size.

Another forum I'm on consists of mostly old timers who buy a lot of revolvers and single-actions from Ruger and they have had some pretty bad horror stories.
Sorry to hear this. Sounds like they're going the way of Colt.

·
Registered
6,860 Posts
Ruger is a great company to me. Before Mike Phifer retired he actually contacted me personally about a particular gun I wanted that was next to impossible to get. He also saw to it that I got it. Never had that happen before. I wish Ruger all the success in the world.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
The same story as the others....

GREAT company to deal with.....

Zero drama....

After dealings with Sig, It was like a breath of fresh air.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.