GlockTalk Forum banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Señor Member
9,372 Posts
don't put your head in the sand :)
We had it before, and it is a priority for the Dems, assuming Trump loses.
Of course, if you can guarantee that GA will hold the senate, I will relent!
+1

·
Registered
656 Posts
don't put your head in the sand :)
We had it before, and it is a priority for the Dems, assuming Trump loses.
Of course, if you can guarantee that GA will hold the senate, I will relent!
Was there before. Just get tired of the fear mongering that hasn't happened yet. The house is tight with more republicans this time around. If we hold the senate come Jan 5th the we should be in good shape. Time will tell.

·
Registered
11,326 Posts
I'd also like to see them bring back the model 1894 pistol caliber carbines in 357, 41, and 44 mag,
How about .480 Ruger? They could sell matched lever action carbine/ DA revolver sets.

Reactions: flyover

·
I don't even know....what I'm doing here....
8,902 Posts
Henry Repeating Arms was positioned to be in the drivers seat as it comes to lever guns, and they’re starting to make some inroads into some very high quality break action single shots with the closing of H&R.

The acquisition provides Ruger the ability to gain substantial market share in the lever market, IF they can match or beat the quality, price and availability of up and coming Henry.

This will be a fun match up to watch.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Henry Repeating Arms was positioned to be in the drivers seat as it comes to lever guns, and they’re starting to make some inroads into some very high quality break action single shots with the closing of H&R.

The acquisition provides Ruger the ability to gain substantial market share in the lever market, IF they can match or beat the quality, price and availability of up and coming Henry.

This will be a fun match up to watch.
Henry is the biggest lever gun maker, for now. I'd not be surprised if Ruger beats them down the road. We'll see

·
Registered
5,444 Posts
Henry has applied King's Improvement but retains the slip tube magazine. It seems they had to have been working on it for a while without knowing Ruger was getting Marlin.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Ruger gets all new tooling. Remington refitted the whole operation with new tooling. The machines and everything that Marlin had was worn out. They where fitting parts by hand and losing money big time.
Like it or not Remington saved the company. It is true that quality suffered. New modern tooling takes time to get it up and running. Takes time to re-establish production protocols and configurations.
I purchased a 1895 Cowboy 45-70 that has ran flawlessly with great accuracy. I did this after a buddy bought one for Long Range Competition in CAS.

I do hope that Ruger resurrects the Marlin lever guns to the standards of old. They did offer lever actions a while ago, but they never caught on. Even if they had to jack up the prices to do so, I'd take a look.
Ruger has bought Marlin with a lot of the production problems already worked out. The quality of the late Marlins. The guns run fine. The carrier issues where corrected. Where Ruger takes the production as far MIM parts vs machined parts will be interesting.

How do I know this, well owning a Range where Remington test fires new products and repair guns you get an inside look that Joe Public does not.
It is quite possible that the Marlin name will regain its status. Ruger will get the credit, with Remington having solved a bunch of the issues.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Ruger will likely drop all the duplicative Marlin products like the 22 rimfire rifles. I think Ruger just wants the Marlin lever actions. Ruger has sold lever actions in the past but they were funky looking. An Old West style Marlin lever action paired with a Ruger Vaquero revolver.

·
Registered
15,455 Posts
I do hope that Ruger resurrects the Marlin lever guns to the standards of old. They did offer lever actions a while ago, but they never caught on. Even if they had to jack up the prices to do so, I'd take a look.
Exactly how I feel about it too. What Ruger 'gets' is a chance to revive Marlin's reputation and product line. Make me a brand new 39a, Ruger ... built as well as they used to, but with better steel than they used to. And please keep the warning language on a removeable sticker.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Ruger will likely drop all the duplicative Marlin products like the 22 rimfire rifles. I think Ruger just wants the Marlin lever actions. Ruger has sold lever actions in the past but they were funky looking. An Old West style Marlin lever action paired with a Ruger Vaquero revolver.
Yes, I'm sure it isn't lost on Ruger that they could do a full CAS lineup. They just need to build some old school shotguns.

·
Registered
8,410 Posts
They paid $30 Million.

Ruger knows the gun industry. They got capacity. With a Biden win gun manufacturers can’t buy them fast enough.

They get some inventory, can shed some employees by combining white collar departments and generate savings. Kids if you read this that means pencil pushers like me are out and machine operators will stay.

Frankly, I’m a bit surprised no one fought them for it.

Reactions: FullClip

·
Registered
20,208 Posts
I think Ruger would be wise to keep the Model 60 in production. I have had several people shoot both the 10/22 and the Model 60. While many like the 10/22, there are a number that prefer the Model 60.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
I think Ruger would be wise to keep the Model 60 in production. I have had several people shoot both the 10/22 and the Model 60. While many like the 10/22, there are a number that prefer the Model 60.
I'd like it if Ruger made it with the full length mag tube, like the old ones.

I dont think they'd kill the model 60 just to sell more 10/22s. Hopefully not.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
^^^This^^^
If Ruger profits from sales of both the Model 60 and the 10/22 its a win/win for Ruger. While I like the 10/22, I also like tube fed .22's as well.

Grumpy

·
Resident Misanthrope
463 Posts
If Ruger returns the quality control to Marlin lever guns they have a gold mine in that alone. I would not buy one of the Remington era Marlins. I'm in the market for a 336 in 30-30. Right now it's used or try out the Henry.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Hopefully they “get” an urge to start producing stainless 1895s with decent synthetic stocks. Why this hasn’t ever happened is beyond me, but a 20” stainless 1895 in 45-70 with synthetic stocks just really appeals as a boat gun or something to hike/camp with in the back country. Should be easy enough to do.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts