Ruger auction. Your chance to own an XGI

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by RonS, Feb 20, 2010.

1. RonS

RonS Millennium Member

Wow.

"Up for auction is this very rare Ruger XGI rifle, serial number 800-01329, chambered in .308 Winchester. "

http://www.ruger.com/links/auction.html

Sure wish they had made that one work.

2. Cole125

Cole125 Silver Member

I heard about those, interesting. What is the difference between those and a M1a? Cant be much, just tweaked enough not to work right I guess....

3. sarge

sarge Millennium Member

I always thought that would have made a heck of a deer rifle if they had ever been released.

4. Wyoming

Wyoming

Back then a gun manufactor would tell the gun magzines that they had a new gun model. It was covered in all the gun magazines and I wanted one and waited. It never came and no articles as to why. When Ruger was bringing out their new 9mm it never showed up for over a year while they were working out the bugs. Now gun magazine wait until gun are being produced before writing about them. In fact I have seen guns on Glock Talk first when a member post pictures of a gun they bought before they make the news.

I always wonder how bad the accuracy was with the Ruger XGI that they couldn't fix it. The rifle is over $2200 and still going so unless one of our Glock Talk member buys it and does a range report it looks like I will never know.

:crying:

5. ronin.45

ronin.45

You must not remember the Gold Label fiasco. Ruger burned alot of buyers and dealers on that one.

6. Hawker Man

Hawker Man

I bet finding magazines for that one will be a little on the tough side, especially 20 or 30 rounders.
    Tom

7. RonS

RonS Millennium Member

It was a scaled up Mini14, the gas system was a nightmare of vibration and it got minute of moose accuracy.

I still wish they had been able to fix the design and get it into production, the M1A would probably be a little cheaper today if SA had a little competition.

8. silentpoet

silentpoet

Ruger had ads in the magazines back in the 80s for the gun. Funny this auction came up I had been thinking about the gun this past week.

9. Wyoming

Wyoming

Bid is at $2775 and 11 more days to go!

10. Cole125

Cole125 Silver Member

I am willing to bet that it will go for over $10,000. There will be some rich collector who will have to have it.

Also, now days Ruger probably has the money to pay for designers to make an XGI properly. It would be cool if they reintroduced them, I am sure if they were priced less than $1000 they would sell well.

11. silentpoet

silentpoet

I see it has what looks like an honest man's magazine holding less than ten rounds.