Glock Talk banner

Ruger AR-556 MPR

11996 62
New Ruger MPR, right out of the box. Feels very good to shoulder, nice trigger.
Firearm Gun Trigger Rifle Gun accessory
Put on a cheapo UTG scope I had just to get it shooting, and depending on how good it shoots, I’ll find a more appropriate piece for it later. I hope to let it loose tomorrow or this coming week. Weather has been poor as of late.

My fall hunting season has been impacted by our new baby. Hopefully I’ll have more time for some predator hunting this winter, and this rifle will be the bad medicine.

Attachments

61 - 63 of 63 Posts

· Registered
4,734 Posts
I bought the AR556 carbine, installed the Ruger 452 2-stage trigger, and was happy. All the time ignorant that the AR556 MPR was just around the corner. If I had waited, I would've bought the MPR as it is a better package IMO.
How is that 452 trigger? I've been contemplating that for the AR556 I already have.

· Registered
811 Posts
How is that 452 trigger? I've been contemplating that for the AR556 I already have.
The choice was between the LaRue MBT and the Ruger 452 - the price was better on the Ruger ($99). The Ruger is a high quality trigger. I know you can spend more, but I don't know what the extra $ buys you. I have launched around 600 rounds with the 452 - hard to imagine going back to the GI trigger.
Google is your friend to find the good prices :)

61 - 63 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.