Glock Talk banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
These are Great Times for Gun Owners!
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New Ruger MPR, right out of the box. Feels very good to shoulder, nice trigger.
Firearm Gun Trigger Rifle Gun accessory
Put on a cheapo UTG scope I had just to get it shooting, and depending on how good it shoots, I’ll find a more appropriate piece for it later. I hope to let it loose tomorrow or this coming week. Weather has been poor as of late.

My fall hunting season has been impacted by our new baby. Hopefully I’ll have more time for some predator hunting this winter, and this rifle will be the bad medicine.

Attachments

·
Registered
28,743 Posts
Really nice looking AR. So many great budget friendly options. Now is the time to buy an AR or 2.

·
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have an S&W M&P Sport II I’ve been comparing to the trigger to, and it feels much nicer while dry firing. Nice crisp break, much lighter. The M&P measured right at 5.5 lbs, and the upgraded Ruger trigger on the MPR is advertised at 4.5 lbs. It sure feels like it’s in that range, pretty nice trigger for a guy like me. I’ll have to see what the real deal is soon. Hoping for a break in the weather this week.

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
I've been looking hard at one of these. Would probably pair it with a Leupold 1.25-4 variable scope. At least a $1000 less money than a DD or an FN with similar specs.
Mine has a Leupold 1.5x4 Mark AR. Happy with it so far. And the others that have shot it liked it. Soft shooting, and the trigger is awesome.

·
Huge Member
12,232 Posts
I have 7 or 8 ARs in different configurations all trying to get to the best setup for me. I looked at the MPR recently in a store and it has everything I've been trying to do. If the AR market wasn't so down right now I'd dump two or three of mine and buy the MPR.

Reactions: Out West

·
Registered
23 Posts
Finally got to shoot mine, have a Truglo 1-6x Tac scope on it so the optics arent great, but my 1st 4 shots at 100 with 55 gr hornady fmj were just under an inch. Put 100 rounds through it and just ate up the center of the targets with it. No problems at all out of mine. Ill post pics of the targets when it lets me.

·
Premium Member
42,444 Posts
Ok can someone enlighten me on how to add my pics onto here?
Sure.
-Select the "upload a file" tab below.
-Search your computer for the picture you would like to upload.
-Highlight that pic
-Click "choose" or just double click the image.
--You will then be brought back to GT thread, click "full-size"

Your pic will be posted when you select "post reply" or "save" if you are editing a post to add a picture.

Gun Wood Airsoft Trigger

·
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Not sure for Android, but for my iPad there is a little picture symbol button along the top of the text box. There is also an “upload a file” button next to the “post reply” button at the bottom right of the text box. Hope that helps.

In other news, the weather still sucks here. I’m all ready to hit the range, just need this break in the weather.

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
New Ruger MPR, right out of the box. Feels very good to shoulder, nice trigger. View attachment 359676 Put on a cheapo UTG scope I had just to get it shooting, and depending on how good it shoots, I’ll find a more appropriate piece for it later. I hope to let it loose tomorrow or this coming week. Weather has been poor as of late.

My fall hunting season has been impacted by our new baby. Hopefully I’ll have more time for some predator hunting this winter, and this rifle will be the bad medicine.
I mentioned this in another thread, be sure to check the 2 bolts holding your handguard rail. Mine weren't tightened all the way, and it came loose.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.