Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
"Don't Tread On Me!"
6,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a Ruger 9E to replace my Smith and Wesson M&P9 full size that I just didn't hit with very well. Trust me when I say it was the gun and not me, I shoot awesome groups with my Smith and Wesson M&P 45 M2.0 along with both 9 and 45acp Shields. Anyway, Ruger 9E preformed like a champ. Heck, I'd like to pick up a second one to have as a back up to this one. Anyway, enjoy the vid and I'll talk to ya'll later. TN.Frank, Out.

View: https://youtu.be/7rS_mZZXlgk

·
Registered
595 Posts
I may have missed it. Was your M&P 9mm a first generation or 2.0? I had a first gen M&P that did the same thing. I knew I was a better shot than what it was showing me so I didn't have it long.

·
"Don't Tread On Me!"
6,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The M&P 9 was a 1st Gen. It just didn't shoot as well as I know I can shoot. I had a Ruger P-95 that was the same way. My first P-95 shot great but the second one I owned would print patterns, not groups, LOL.

·
NRA Life Member
13,470 Posts
I have a 9e and its been completely reliable and accurate. Feels good in the hand too! You'd have to work long and hard to find a better gun for $289...

The Ruger American likewise is reliable and accurate....and can be found for around $325 if you look around.

I'd trust my life to either platform...

Shouldn't they be calling you Arizona Frank nowadays?

·
Registered
127,460 Posts
I have a 9e and its been completely reliable and accurate. Feels good in the hand too! You'd have to work long and hard to find a better gun for $289...

The Ruger American likewise is reliable and accurate....and can be found for around $325 if you look around.

I'd trust my life to either platform...
The 9e is actually a fairly svelte handgun by Ruger standards.

The American is much more typical of Ruger...clunky and bulky.

·
NRA Life Member
13,470 Posts
The 9e is actually a fairly svelte handgun by Ruger standards.

The American is much more typical of Ruger...clunky and bulky.
I agree...the one thing you cannot say about Ruger centerfire pistols is they aren't reliable or accurate... They may not win any beauty contest but they all run and provide decent accuracy for their intended purpose.

The one thing about the American that hurts it IMO is weight. Its a good deal heavier at 30 ounces than a Glock 17. It makes for a very soft shooting pistol in 9mm though as all the weight is in the slide. In 45 its more competitive with its peers.

·
Registered
127,460 Posts
I agree...the one thing you cannot say about Ruger centerfire pistols is they aren't reliable or accurate... They may not win any beauty contest but they all run and provide decent accuracy for their intended purpose.
Yeah they aren’t going to win any bullseye competitions, but “for their intended purpose” I wouldn’t argue.

·
Polymerlicious!
6,342 Posts
I bought a Ruger SR45 and absolutely love it. Light recoil, completely reliable, 10-round magazine, excellent ergonomics. Because I like it so much, I came across a great deal on the 9E about a year later and bought it. It's proven to be somewhat unreliable (light primer strikes) which I should be able to remedy with a Galloway Precision striker spring replacement. Other than that, it's a terrific handgun and at a fantastic price.

·
NRA Life Member
13,470 Posts
I bought a Ruger SR45 and absolutely love it. Light recoil, completely reliable, 10-round magazine, excellent ergonomics. Because I like it so much, I came across a great deal on the 9E about a year later and bought it. It's proven to be somewhat unreliable (light primer strikes) which I should be able to remedy with a Galloway Precision striker spring replacement. Other than that, it's a terrific handgun and at a fantastic price.
Call Ruger...their customer service is first rate and they will ship your gun both ways and get it back to you in less than two weeks in my experience. They will make it right.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.