close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ruger 77/22 WMR Blackbird videos!!

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by Huntinfool, May 20, 2007.

1. Huntinfool

Huntinfool ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I took my Ruger .22 WMR out for a spin today. I also tried the video on my digital camera out today. Edited videos out !

[​IMG]

I shot these blackbirds out a little past 100 yards. I can't be exact on the yardage as I forgot my laser rangefinder at home.

I missed a couple of shots and then hit one on his left side. The wind was strong and swirling but mostly coming from right to left and quartering away from me. Once I got it figured out I pummeled a couple three of them black rascals in a row.

Chuck

2. mossy500camo

mossy500camo ammo found

Nice Shooting!:thumbsup: I love it when these pesky blackbirds fly over by the 100s. My old Mossy and three rds of bird shot fired on them when they fly by. 10-20 birds fall from the sky. LOL!

I like shooting crows at 100+ yards.:thumbsup:

3. vafish

vafish

I tried shooting into clouds of blackbirds as a kid, never hit a thing.

4. lwt210

lwt210

Years ago, I had a Remington 700 Varmit in .223 remington and I would dispatch crows from 400 yards out and in.

My cousin, who is a good rifle shot in his own right, would be right next to me with my Remington 700 in .220 Swift. That rifle didn't have a stiff, varmit profile barrel but it was accurate as well.

We had a ball with those two flat shooting rifles. Once word got out at the feed store, we found ourselves taking care of varmits at several farms in the area. Grandpa was always happy when we took care of his varmits and the other farmers were just as happy.

Great memories. I miss having that kind of land/shooting lanes at my disposal. Didn't know what I had at the time. Dale county and Barbour county for reference.

5. mossy500camo

mossy500camo ammo found

lwt210, I bet you did.;) The .223 Rem and 220 Swift are some nice shooting guns.

ps
    Have any of you looked into the .17 Fireball? WOW!