GlockTalk Forum banner

101 - 120 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
I think this is exciting. I don't have a need for one, but have wanted an FN 5.7 for a while just because. Now there is an option for half the price that is really, really intriguing! I will start poking around to see one and contemplate handing over some money!

I thought the Hellcat was going to be the next target, but this new Ruger is gnawing at my brain!

Reactions: Scott60

·
Registered
728 Posts
Picked it up yesterday,...waiting on UPS today with AMMO (SG Ammo as always) and then off to the range. I’m impressed for a $600 5.7. It’s a Ruger so there is the typical feel, and not so “clean” but I’m looking forward to shooting it.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Picked it up yesterday,...waiting on UPS today with AMMO (SG Ammo as always) and then off to the range. I’m impressed for a $600 5.7. It’s a Ruger so there is the typical feel, and not so “clean” but I’m looking forward to shooting it.
Can you comment any more on your first impressions? What does “feel” mean exactly?

·
Registered
6,710 Posts
I am looking forward to hearing how it handles at the range. Congrats on your new Ruger.

·
Registered
19,607 Posts
FN should be sweating. The Ruger seems like a real winner and at almost half the cost, it would be tough to pick the FN over it. Especially, since the Ruger can accept RMR's.

Reactions: bomba07

·
I don't even know....what I'm doing here....
8,623 Posts
Probably clunky in typical Ruger fashion.
I like the Rugers that I have, but “refined” is not a word I would use to describe ‘em.

One had just be prepared to accept clunky, or get ready to spend some time, money, and effort making them not so clunky.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Probably clunky in typical Ruger fashion.
Yeah, that’s what I thought he may be saying. I was thinking it could be more based on fit and finish than action. I would be a little surprised if the action felt clunky with as light as the recoil spring probably is.

101 - 120 of 130 Posts