rub out?

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by Eye Cutter, Nov 9, 2005.

1. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter

anybody else see the video shot by the UNTV crew about the alleged shootout w/ the 3 carnappers?

none of the police in the video were wearing any uniform, badges or insignias of rank. their vehicle was unmarked! tsk, tsk...

antindi ginawa ng mga TMG. they shot the 3 suspects to make sure they're dead. made my blood boil!

how could they have done that?

:(

2. st. matthew

st. matthew c_w@_u_need_2_c

did the suspects shoot back?
    what if they're innocent;T

what if they were firing cause they thought they're about to
    be victimized by crooks

would like to see the video,nasa internet ba Doc?

3. mikey177

mikey177 Remember

Sorry, I no longer watch the news at night, I just catch the recap the following morning. A link to the video would be much appreciated though.

This is all I got from the ABS-CBN web site:
    http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/topofthehour.aspx?StoryId=21534

10 TMG cops in Ortigas 'rubout' relieved

The Philippine National Police Traffic Management Group on Wednesday relieved 10 operatives of Task Force Limbas for their involvement in the alleged "rubout" of three suspected carjackers in Ortigas Center, Pasig City late Monday.

The relief order came following the release of video footage taken by UHF television station UNTV showing several policemen shooting at the suspects already dead in the car.

TMG Chief Superintendent Augusto Angcanan identified the 10 relieved policemen as Senior Inspectors Henry Cerdon, Hansel Marantan and Samson Belmonte, Police Officers 3 Lloyd Soria and Rizalito Ramos, Police Officers 2 Dexter Bernadas, Jesus Fermin and Sonny Robrigado, and Police Officers 1 Fernando Gapuz and Josel Rey Lucena.

Earlier reports identified Belmonte as the officer who was wounded in the shootout between the suspects and the police.

Angcanan said the 10 may face administrative as well as criminal charges if proven guilty of violating police procedure. He said the UNTV video footage will also be used in the investigation to determine if the policemen kept shooting the suspects even though they were dead.

He said the TMG had formed a fact-finding body headed by Senior Superintendent Luisito Maralit to investigate the incident and determine the possible culpability of the 10.

"The leadership of the Philippine National Police (PNP) will not allow violations of police procedures," he said.

He said the investigation will concentrate on possible violations of rules of operational procedure and why the policemen were not in uniform during the operation. He added that the police also failed to bring the suspects to a hospital.

The TMG chief also noted that of the three suspects, only Anthony Brian Dulay, 28, had previously been charged with carjacking, which was later dismissed by a Makati Regional Trial Court.

The other two were identified as Francis Manzano and Anthony Cu-Unjieng.

Late night chase

Angcanan said two teams of Task Force Limbas chased the suspects after receiving a tip that a maroon Nissan Sentra Exalta (XDD-828) was about to be used in a carjacking.

Belmonte reportedly tried to flag down the vehicle at the corner of Ortigas Avenue and Garnet Street, Pasig City, when the suspects started shooting. Belmonte was injured in the gunfight and was rushed to the Medical City in Pasig to receive medical treatment.

Footage aired by UHF television station UNTV on Wednesday showed the suspects' maroon car riddled with bullets and its doors opened. It then showed police still shooting at the suspects inside the car using automatic weapons.

National Capital Region Police Office chief Deputy Director General Vidal Querol said the video he saw showed that a policeman leading the operation was hurt in the exchange of fire.

"The footage that I saw showed that the shootout ensued when lawmen approached the suspects' car. We could not ascertain if the suspects returned fire... What was clear was a police official was injured," Querol told DZMM.

The PNP has stepped up its anti-carjacking campaign as the number of carjacking cases rose in the last two months. An average of 2.5 vehicles were stolen everyday in Metro Manila for this year alone.

Querol said most incidents of carjacking happened in Quezon Avenue where most entertainment hubs are located.

"We're studying the motivation of carjackers why they seem to be bolder," he said.

4. 3kings

3kings SalingPusa

this is scary!

if this is a rubout... will you still trust the people in uniform?

what if you are mistakenly hunted down by police and you know that they have the shoot first ask later attitude

what will you do? get shot for no apparent reason? or defend yourself?

feedback guys?

5. nrmcolt

nrmcolt What?

Did I missed anything? Pero, parang sinabi na "The father will investigate his own children"..Hmmm;Q

6. asintaderoche

asintaderoche

what kind of uniform?

7. Ersatz0906

Ersatz0906

kung nakita nyo yung video, kawawa ang mga suspect, kahit tingnan mo mabuti wala nang life sa luob nang kotse pro binabaril pa nang mga pulis na walng uniform or badges.

Sabi sa report "Belmonte reportedly tried to flag down the vehicle" kun ikaw yung Driver nang kotse at may tao faflag down sayo na hindi naka uniforming pulis, will you STOP? syempre hindi, ang masama baka may Long FA pa hinahawak yung nag flag down sa kanila.

8. i_am_infinity

i_am_infinity Pang Altar

9. 9MX

9MX Rei!

i haven't seen the UNTV video, learned about it on this thread. if the cops weren't wearing any uniform,that puts them on the wrong side of the road:(

especially with the recent spate of carjackings, nobody would stop at a somebody who is armed and flagging you down. ano bale?;P

putting myself in the same scenario, i probably would have drawn my gun, because to my mind, perps are flagging me down not cops.

looking at the big picture, its almost hopeless that our police force would ever shape up. a lot of them are either stupid, evil, or both:soap:

10. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter

mikey, catch the late edition news or tomorrow morning's news.

if you see the footage, it also showed how abs-cbn let the dulay family watch how their son and brother was shot to make sure he was dead.

granted, tunay nga silang mga criminal, they should have been given the benefit of the doubt to clear their names if they can. other wise, ... brutal talaga ginawa ng mga pulis. they should not have fired upon the victims when they were already down and neutralized.

naiiyak ako sa galit at kawalan ng magawa para sa nangyari. i sympathize with the family specially with their mothers.

11. atmarcella

atmarcella

to make sure they're dead, why? bcos they know something about the cops....something so bad the cops wanted them dead so that they could'nt tell anyone else about it, what happened was an execution period!

12. atmarcella

atmarcella

i suspect those guys knew the cops that killed them, cguro they were in bed with them, tapos nagkaroon ng misunderstanding, usually ang pulis kapag nangyayari yon sa mga asset nila tsina chop-chop nila, kaso lang ito cguro naka amoy pumalag, so they gave chase and killed them anyway.

yung spokesman ng pnp sabi nya yung una nag flag down daw isang clearly marked na back to back, kaso lang diba dapat yung nag flagdown naturally should also give chase.....eh bakit wala sya don sa scene of the crime, lahat na kotse don ng pulis "unmarked" magagara pa! nissan patrol pa yung isa.

it was an execution period!

13. glock26ph

glock26ph

I just saw the horrible video. I don't know if the 3 guys were guilty or not, but the fact is - our police did not follow the rules of engagement.

So how are we going to distinguish a supposed professional "policeman" not in uniform, blocking our way with an unmarked vehicle, from a carjacker?

This is really bad.

14. fullauto

fullauto

[​IMG]

:steamed:

what a bunch of trigger-happy a-holes. . .

here's a pic, anyone here have the video clip?

15. charlie-xray

charlie-xray Gunpowder Adik

Or mistaken identity pero the abuse of the authorities in the video is clear, patay na dapat pa bang barilin ng 3 putok pa just to make sure. Abusado talaga.

16. Django

Django

Saw the video last night in the ANC news channel. It was horrible. LEO's in civvies pumping bullets into apparently lifeless victims. Very bad. ;P

Saw also the other LEO limping away from the scene, allegedly wounded in the "shootout" with the supposed carjackers. Looks like the wound was self-inflicted as a result of an AD when he prematurely pulled the trigger of his FA. He should have been DQ'd. Buti walang RO around during the incident.

17. vino

vino

Just got to the office and was listening to Sec. Angelo Reyes on the radio a while back. He was trying to justify what the TMG did. According to him, police were tailing the suspects because of intelligence reports. When the suspects turned at Garnet street, uniformed police officers (daw) in marked police vehicles (daw) cruised beside the suspects vehicle and flagged them down. Hindi daw huminto yung suspects and instead decided to run away. Nung tumakbo na daw suspects, yung unmarked vehicles na daw ang humabol and yun na nga napatay ang suspects.

If I were the suspects, baka hindi rin ako titigil. Imagine, umaandar ka late night tapos bigla kang i-flag down ng alanganin. Tapos bigla mong makita na may kasama pang other unmarked vehicles yung mga police. Hindi ba ganun ang modus operandi ng mga criminal ngayon? Another thing, what reason did they have to flag down the vehicle? Wala naman checkpoint na naka-establish at pinahihinto lang basta nung mga police yung suspects.

Naalala ko rin, kung meron marked police vehicles dun sa scene eh bakit kahit isa walang nakunan sa video nung mag-converge na mga TMG dun sa scene? Hindi ba all the more dapat lumapit agad sila to secure the area? Napansin ko pati hindi ba sarado mga bintana nung kotse nung suspects, akala ko ba nag-return fire sila? Malabo talaga ito.

18. Dok

Dok Rimfire Fan

:( can't they identify that a person is already incapable of firing back that they have to shoot them some more just to make sure, instead of bringing them to the hospital?

very bad. felt really bad watching it;P

19. darwin25

darwin25 Make your move

Never had. Never will. For all the times my family's been in trouble, we never bothered with the police except for traffic accidents. We dont want to have additional problems. Made me remember my German friend who was in vacation in Baguio, I gave him an advise that if he's in trouble no matter what he does, dont go to the police. Of course he did not listen. He walked out of the police station without his cellfone and about P5000 in cash.

Okay I'll start a different thread about this.http://glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=457543

20. ppts799

ppts799 Daisho

i have been wondering about this for a long time now. when i see on TV yung mga tipong tulfo shows, etc., the raiding teams are not in uniform and are in unmarked cars then they barge into your house or rush towards you in the middle of the street with guns drawn. how would one know na police nga sila? what would stop one form drawing his own firearm to defend himself from guys in civilian clothes entering his house???