GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Go Gators!
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found what I think is a decent deal on an RTM Ocean Duo kayak on Craigslist.

Anyone here have one or have any info on the brand?

Thanks!

·
Wallbuilder and Weapon Bearer
116,947 Posts
Never heard of them, but how can you go wrong if the price is right?

A sit on top kayak is pretty simple, either it fits or it doesn't.

Looks like fun, assuming peaceful warm water, of course.:drowning:

·
Helicopter Nut
7,762 Posts
I don't know but they have one now for sale for $299 and I have truck a river and lakes all over the place. Damn I spend that much just at the gun range twice a month with ammo and such. :faint:Need a new hobby.:cool:

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
I read about them not too long ago. Doesn't seem to be a bad kayak. That particular one may be a bit heavy, about 65lbs, but being a big three seater, it should be fairly stable. Would make a good play boat.

I has looking at one of the smaller ones from RTM, to have some light river fun in, for those days i don't care about getting wet.

BTW, it's a habit. I picked up my first boat just after Christmas, will be picking up a second this week, and have been looking at a third, "just to have"...

·
Go Gators!
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I think we're going to pass on it and go with Wilderness Systems instead.

It was a decent deal on the RTM but not really all that great.

Looking at two of the RIDE 135 models now....

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
You can't go wrong with a Wilderness Systems either. I had come down to the Old Town Dirigo 120 and the WS Pungo. I went with Old Town after great experience with thier canoes and I was able to get a good deal. But the Pungo was right there. The tarpon is a great boat too I hear.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
if the price is right, do it! i love my kayak, i just don't have much time to take it out, plus everything's frozen right now. anyways, it's fun and good exercise

1 - 8 of 8 Posts