close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

RTF2 questions and opinions sought

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by flieger67, Feb 21, 2010.

1. flieger67

flieger67

Hello, all. I recently purchased my first firearm, a Glock 19. I specifically ordered the RTF2 version as I do like the grip texture and the curved slide serrations.

As I'm new to Glocks, I have a few questions for all of the Glock experts around here. I did originally start a similar thread in the G 1 Niner sub-forum but didn't get any responses, so I thought I'd try a wider audience here.

1) As I understand it, the RTF2 is an option on 3rd gen guns. Does anyone have an idea about how many were made and if there is likely to be any future collectiblity to the RTF2 guns? I don't honestly believe that the RTF2's will some sort of "holy grail" to collectors but I was wondering if some of you might have an opinion on possible collectibility.

2) In the "Glock Autopistols 2010" magazine, there's an ad inside the back cover for the RTF2 pistols. All of the pistols pictures have regular straight (non-curved) slide serrations. Were the guns in the picture pre-production models? Are there production RTF2's without the "fish gills"?

Thank you for your time and responses.

2. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr CLM

The "curved" or "fish gill" serrations have been discontinued on the RTF2 models.
    I have a new G21 RTF2, fired casing dated 01/06/10
    Straight serrations,....I love the RTF2. Will get a "fish gill" RTF2 G19 soon

3. flieger67

flieger67

I hope you can get a fish-gill 19. I got one about 4 weeks ago and my local shop was able to source one through their distribution network in less than 48 hours. They may even have one left in stock as I think they took delivery of three when I ordered one (one of the shop employees bought the second one in the shipment.)

By the way, if you're an aircraft mechanic, I thank you for your work. I fly for a living.

4. mteagle1

mteagle1

I wouldn't say the fish gill slides will never become collectors items but that is like asking how long before the new Camaro becomes a collectors item. Only means something if you are still have a drivable Edsel or Mercury Turnpike Cruiser.

5. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr CLM

I'll most likely have to settle on a gently used one,......have not seen one locally.

Yep, retired USAF Crew Chief, and I've held an A&P since '99.

You must get REALLY tired with all that flapping! :rofl:
    You are welcome Sir! :supergrin:

6. Sparky5019

Sparky5019

Talked to GLOCK the other day and they are not planning on stopping the RTF2 any time soon. Funny, I ordered a G22 and G23 RTF2 the other day the 22 has FGs and the 23 is straight...I think I prefer the latter for grip but that will serve my wife well on her guns. I can over power the FGs on my 22! Enjoy!

Sparky

7. sig freak78

sig freak78

Why would Glock put the RTF and Gen 4 out so close? All the upgrades to the Gen 4 seems to make the RTF a bust. And the serrations on the RTF were a total bust being *** backwards. I own 3 Glocks all Gen3 and plan on a Gen 4 but really can not figure the RTF.

8. flieger67

flieger67

I'm guessing that you'd recommend trying the veal and that you'll be here all week. :rofl:

9. flieger67

flieger67

That's interesting that you got different serration styles on newly delivered guns. I had read an opinion somewhere that the fish gills cost more to manufacture - don't know if it's true. If that is true, it might explain why Glock dropped the FG's.

10. Revvv

Revvv

I own an RFT2 model 22 with the gilled slide. I love that look.

11. Glock 17L

Glock 17L *GLOCKMEISTER*

I like my RTF2 G19 & think it's the Cat's Pajamas as far as the grip texture & the slide seration cresants go..
    I'm sorry to hear that there dropping the cresant serations but there's been several folks that can't stand them so maybe it's best for Glock to leave them all the same & mine will become special. Ha Ha!
    Gary
    [​IMG]