RTF2 and fish scales

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by serb1, Mar 10, 2010.

1. serb1

serb1

I'm seeing alot of talk about RTF2 and these fish scales. Can anyone help a new guy out with a pic or description of these?

I've visited the auction sites and whatever this rtf is ,I usually see it with these different semi circular serrations at the hammer end of the slide. And it appears that youcan see right through the slide through these scales. Am I wrong? But it looks as though when I see these two characteristics, the glock slide looks a good deal more streamlined/ slender and not so chunky. Is this a generation difference or is this rtf and fish scales a special version?

Serb 1

2. Tucson_1

Tucson_1

Didn't see a reply so I did a search and found this pic. The scales do not go all the way through the slide. I don't think this looks as effective for gripping as the original design.

See pic here: http://www.mouseguns.com/glockall/rtf2one.jpg

3. ju993rnaut

ju993rnaut

Your talking about the gen 3 glocks with the rtf2. They poses the semicircular slide serations. They dont go all the way through. I dont think the effectivness can really be measured, they dont make it any easier or harder to rack the slide, at least for me. The gen three rtf2 texture on the grip of the frame is very agressive and feels ,at least to me, like it grips back. Some people like the serations and not the texture and some like the texture and not the serations.[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 11, 2010
  4. robin303

robin303 Helicopter Nut

5. blhar15

blhar15

All the new RTF2's are coming with standard slide serrations now.
    Once the Gen4's are in full production, it is my guess that the RTF2 will go away.

6. Slug71

Slug71

Did the 'fish scales', should be 'shark gills' slide only come on the RTF2 or also the RTF? Gotta admit, i didnt like it at first but now its grown on me. Think i might have to pick up a G19 with the Shark Gills. :tongueout:

7. chukb

chukb

scales? :rofl:

gills.:wavey:

8. voyager4520

voyager4520

The newest production RTF2 pistols don't have the 'fish scale' serrations. They have the same straight serrations as any old Glock. You won't know if a particular RTF2 pistol has either form of serration until you see it in person though. Some people have ordered them hoping to get the fish scale serrations and have been disappointed to find that theirs has the old straight serrations. If you have a preference between the two, don't buy one until you know for sure which serrations it has.

That means two things. The people who don't like the fish scales don't have to have them, and the people who want them better get them now before the only way to get them is to buy a used RTF2.

9. serb1

serb1

You guys did a great job explaining And helping. Thank you very much fir the effort yo post the pics as well. All clear on my end.

Serb1