close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

RTF vs. RTF2: LAND OF CONFUSION!

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by JONNY RINGO, Mar 9, 2010.

1. JONNY RINGO

JONNY RINGO

Ok guys please help... I want to get a Gen 3 23 and am currently checking out the RTF vs. the standard grip. Are there 2 versions of RTF models in Gen 3? I have already read about Gen 4 and understand the less aggressive RTF. I'm just confused about reading so many posts detailing RTF and RTF2 on Gen 3's. I originally thought the RTF 2 had fish gill like serrations and that was the only difference?

2. .45Super-Man

.45Super-Man

You can also add the "SF's" and the "fish gill" variants, lol. This thing has been milked to death. All Glock has to do is finally dovetail the front sight in,ohhhh........... another 10 years or so and you'll have the "Gen5".

Last edited: Mar 9, 2010

3. Glock+2

Glock+2

4. JONNY RINGO

JONNY RINGO

Thanks for the reply Tampa... I don't know if that comment about purchasing a G23 was directed at me, but I do not own any Glocks yet, nor have I ever made any such claim/s.
    I'm sorry, but I haven't figured out from those posts what the difference between the two RTF's are. If I was to buy a brand new Gen 3 23 with a rough textured finish would it be considered RTF 2 and have traditional serrations on it?
    Thank you for always answering my questions. I'm looking to purchase my first Glock and have a tendency to research the crap out of things....perhaps to a annoying fault at times.

5. bentbiker

bentbiker

The original Gen3 grip texture is considered an RTF by Glock. However, when most people refer to either RTF or RTF2, they are talking about the same very aggressive RTF2 texture. When the RTF2 came out, it was with the fish gills, but the gills disappeared on recent production units. I think most people expect to see both the RTF and RTF2 disappear once all models are made as Gen4.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2010
  6. JONNY RINGO

JONNY RINGO

Thanks + 2, I re-read the posts and still didn't get it.

7. elde

elde Lifetime Member

RTF or RTF1 = normal, regular, everyday gen 3 Glock

RTF2 = gen 3 Glocks with the rough (polymid) finish. initially came with fish gills as well

RTF3 = less agressive (polymid) finish than RTF2 which is used on the new gen 4 Glocks.

8. JONNY RINGO

JONNY RINGO

Thank you biker, I think I finally see the light now!