close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

RTF on dealer list == RTF2?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by IndoorsMan, Apr 25, 2010.

1. IndoorsMan

IndoorsMan

Hello everyone,

On the GSSF dealer pdf it lists RTF instead of RTF2, is there still a general difference? I've been reading that the "RTF" is just the standard 3rd gen.

I am worried because a few weeks ago I put a deposit down for my Glock19 at one of the local GSSF participating dealers and told her to make sure it was the RTF being that I thought at this point in time the RTF/RTF2 was basically refering to the same thing since the gen4s are out..

Should I call back to specify that I want a 3rd gen RTF2 instead of the 3rd gen RTF?

Sorry if this is an ignorant question but searching didn't bring up many relevant threads.

2. RedHaze

RedHaze Handgunner

It won't hurt to make sure. Best to do it before you get a suprise.

3. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

The RTF is considered to be the RTF2 frame. Glock uses those terms interchangeably.

4. megatronz0r

megatronz0r pew pew pew

word... what he said

5. Glocked and Loaded

Glocked and Loaded

Nobody really calls there RTF1 Glock an RTF and its not really all that rough. The RTF2 is actually rough so people call it the Rough Texture Frame. Assuming as if its the first one.

I am pretty sure you will be getting an RTF2. But it should not hurt to double make sure you are.

And great purchase. I love the RTF2. I have a Glock 21 and my brother has a Glock 22. The grip is just awesome. I hope they make sub compacts in RTF2 soon. I will get one if they do.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2010
  6. IndoorsMan

IndoorsMan

Thanks Danny, megatron, and glocked! You all have relieved my stress and anxiety.