Glock Talk banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
45,276 Posts
Deleted for stupidity.

· Massive Member
27,282 Posts
That's weird. Why were cops dispatched rather than EMS on a shortness of breath call? Was it the hangups? Seems like they must have been suspicious if they sent cops, right?

Randy

· Registered
3,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's weird. Why were cops dispatched rather than EMS on a shortness of breath call? Was it the hangups? Seems like they must have been suspicious if they sent cops, right?

Randy
River Forest is a very small and very affluent near west suburban village. Usually they have a very low call volume .

· Registered
1,421 Posts
I remember the old days when firemen and EMS were left alone by the bad guys.

If I were riding the EMS truck I'd want a gun.

At least the firemen have hoses and axes.

· Registered
8,702 Posts
Where I'm at it's always a squad car first. Most of the units have AEDs and there are several EMT-Bs on duty. It makes sense to me to have them scope it out, apply first aid if possible while waiting for the ambulance to get there.

· Registered
13,941 Posts
In my town the Police are all at a minimum "first responder" trained and respond with the ambulance. Kinda makes sense, since they are out patrolling and usually are the first on scene. I am not sure what exact training they have, I think it is actually EMT.

· Registered
13,941 Posts
Actually, I think the call in the original post was a Domestic Violence call, not really just a medical call.

· Registered
39,789 Posts
Whenever someone uses the word "routine" for any type of public safety call, the small hairs on the back of my neck go to attention.

I can't begin to remember the number of "routine" medical follow up calls I had that turned out to involve criminal acts and activities.

· Way too busy
5,306 Posts
Whenever someone uses the word "routine" for any type of public safety call, the small hairs on the back of my neck go to attention.

I can't begin to remember the number of "routine" medical follow up calls I had that turned out to involve criminal acts and activities.
Toothaches at 0300 are generally routine.. :D

· Banned
10,614 Posts
I remember the old days when firemen and EMS were left alone by the bad guys.

If I were riding the EMS truck I'd want a gun.

At least the firemen have hoses and axes.
Some of the depts in Ohio are letting their employees carry as long as they have a CCW. I am lucky enough to work a side job at one of them.

· Registered
39,789 Posts
Some of the depts in Ohio are letting their employees carry as long as they have a CCW. I am lucky enough to work a side job at one of them.
What do those folks who carry as private individuals plan to do without the umbrella of qualified immunity, policies, training and agency-backed weapons use plan to do in the event of a shooting?

Are the agencies just going to let the employees spend their own money for legal representation in the event of criminal and/or civil repercussions? Or, has permission to carry somehow entangled the agencies as far as awareness, approval and deep pockets?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts