close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

round trigger guard on glock

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by mikegun, Jul 27, 2006.

1. mikegun

mikegun

anybody know the proscess to round off the trigger guard on a glock..thank u

2. mballai

mballai

Essentially you are filing off the front bottom of the guard. The gun would be put in a vise, use a coarser file to start and go sloooowwww.

Second thoughts: While a rounded guard is more esthetically pleasing like on a 1911, it adds nothing to the functionality and makes holster choices more difficult--so you really should think long and hard before you do it.

3. Allman

Allman

Ever do any body repair with Bondo? Same process. File, sand, smooth and go slow. It's far easier to remove than replace.

4. PzGren

PzGren

I had bought a G23 with a badly contoured triggerguard and rebuilt it with truckbedliner that I applied with a sponge. It gave it a nice finish.

5. ERASER

ERASER Nyuk,Nyuk,Nyuk!

Unfortunately, my digital camera isn't good at close-ups.
    Here are a couple of pictures.

PM sent with a description of how I did it.

6. ERASER

ERASER Nyuk,Nyuk,Nyuk!

Second picture.....

Let me know if you have any questions that I might be able to answer for you.

It was easier than I expected it to be.

7. Catbird

Catbird loves guns!

I rounded the trigger guard on my G26. In basic terms, I separated the frame from the slide, wrapped the areas of the trigger guard that I wanted to protect with duck tape. Using the drum sander attachment in my Dremel set on the lowest RPMs, I slowly sanded off the trigger guard 'hook' till rounded. I finished the job with some fine grit wet/dry sand paper.

I'm pleased with the results and as time permits, I will do the same to my other 8 Glocks.

8. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

I don't get it - what's the purpose of rounding the trigger guard?

9. Catbird

Catbird loves guns!

Speaking only for myself, it's aesthetics. IMHO, hooked trigger guards were in vogue (a fad) at one time, but have absolutely no use to me. I rarely (almost never) see any other shooter use the index finger in front of the trigger guard.

10. shooter429

shooter429

Though if one is dehorning the pistol, it makes a lot of sense to round and smooth the TG.

I have done it to some Glocks. I just used course sandpaper and eyeballed it, shaped it, and then, I used successivly finer paper to smooth it all out. Like eveybody says take it slow. If you are using power tools, I would suggest marking the areas to be removed before proceeding.

Shooter429

11. tlrbud

tlrbud

Someone suggested to me that if one beadblasted the sanded area on the frame of a Glock that it would be indistinguishable from the rest of the pistol in regards to texture. Does anyone have any firsthand experience with that? I have some aluminum oxide but I think that may be too harsh. Glass beads may work better. I guess I could experiment on an old mag baseplate or something.

12. Roneye

Roneye

I use a 3/4 oscilating drum sander to round triggers and then I stipple them, here is an example of a recent rounded trigger.

[​IMG]