Glock Talk banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
one of the usual questions i am asked when when selling a firearm is how many rounds has been fired through it.I answer truthfully with a"I don't know"s I have never kept track of round count on any gun i have owned.

so do you guys really keep track of how many round have been through each gun? how do you do it,guesstimate or do you have it written down?

·
Stop the steal!
20,541 Posts
I used to keep a count, especially with reloaded ammunition.

I don't bother to be that precise anymore, but I still can pin it down to a pretty good estimate.

This only works with firearms that are purchased new.

hog

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
I can guess within a couple houndred rounds for the most part. If its a new gun After the first 500 I am guessing. If its under 500 I will have a very very good idea. Maybe not exact but real close. Used guns are usually a spit ball number

·
Registered
37,590 Posts
I used to keep a rough guess goig on my guns I bought new but I usually end up losing count at 500 rounds or so.

I do have a round count on paper for my duty 1911, .22 caliber conversion for it, and my Mini 14.

·
Registered
86 Posts
hahaha, i only have one and i just update my sig every time after a range trip :D

·
Registered
30,519 Posts
so do you guys really keep track of how many round have been through each gun?
Almost never but sometimes on a rare occasion, like now when I'm keeping track of the rounds through a new gun for a few hundred rounds.

Do to the ammo on hand I can sometimes get a rough idea of how much ammo has been shot during a activity but not how many rounds through individual guns.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.