Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I handled one these yesterday at the gun show in Houston. At first glance I thought "jeez, they're really milking that ugly, useless marketing ploy for everything it's worth". Then I picked it up. Dangit. It's light, points incredibly well, and the fiber optic sight on it would make getting a quick shot off pretty easy.

Yeah, it's a Rossi. No it probably won't hold its value. Yeah, there's a list of things I'd spend $400 on before it, but it would be absolutely perfect for a stroll through the woods with your son or grandson looking for squirrels or rabbits. It just seems like a really fun plinker and small game gun. If I had grandkids, i would definitely get one just so they would look forward to shooting pawpaw's fun gun every time they came to visit.

Other than that, the Judge as a handgun is still a useless stupid idea.

·
Registered
30,258 Posts
I've never owned one but I've thought the revolver rifles were interesting.
I could see buying the gun if I had the least bit of use for it. I have almost Zero use for .410.
I think they overdid it with the stock. On a gun like that I'd rather see a more Western stock, instead of something that looks like it's made for a match target rifle.

I have the Rossi Ranch Hand in 38/357. I like shooting it so much I'd buy one in 22LR if they ever make it. Even reloading 38/357 I go through a LOT of ammo playing "Wanted Dead or Alive".

I wonder where Rossi came up with the name Circuit Judge?

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
It seems solid. I didn't like how light it was though.

·
Registered
25,637 Posts
http://www.rossiusa.com/news-detail.cfm?newsID=25

Saw this old thread -

My questions -

The Circuit Judge comes in smooth and rifled barrel -

If you wanted to shoot both 410 and 45 Colt which barrel would be the best compromise?

Would shooting shot shells out of a rifled barrel destroy the rifling?

What accuracy / pattern would you get with buckshot / shot shells out of a rifled barrel?

Would 45 colt accuracy out of a smooth bore be crap?

I am leaning towards the rifled barrel - figure 45 Colt out of this gun would be a fine SD/HD round for my wife -

BTW - she saw the gun while at the gun store - and really liked it - been looking for a more powerful gun for her for a while now - this may be it. :dunno:

·
Wallbuilder and Weapon Bearer
117,349 Posts
If .45 colt is the primary ammo, the rifled barrel would be far, far more accurate. In fact, I'd prefer a Rossi M92 (lever action) in .45 colt by a huge margin; much faster to reload or top up, no gap between chamber & barrel, etc.

If .410 is the primary ammo, the smooth barrel should be more accurate because riflings tend to spin shot into a donut pattern, the worst possible pattern, because it hits all around your target but misses the bullseye.
At least that's my opinion, based on trying buck, ball, and slugs in my Mossberg 12g with both rifled 24" barrel and a couple of smooth barrels.
I have no imaginable use for .410g.

I think there's a good reason lever actions were far more popular then revolving rifles in the old days. But it still looks cool, and sometimes that's enough.

·
Pinoy Glocker
1,067 Posts
got one coming in next week 10day CA hold :(

looks cool and i hope it makes for some fun shooting

i will post range reports etc. once i get my hands on it

i also think it would make for a pretty nice HD weapon for my mom :D loaded with PDX1 :D

·
Gun Cultured
1,227 Posts
I think that's .454 Casull.

I heard that they're bringing one out in .44 Magnum soon. That might sting a little, as light as the gun is. I handled one at a local gun shop recently. I liked the fiber optic sights.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts