Ross Enamait Video............

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning' started by California Jack, Feb 14, 2007.

1. California Jack

California Jack Millennium Member

2. DBradD

DBradD Guest

That's the video that got my attention too. I especially like the beanie.

I 'bout cracked up at the last couple of ones in this video. Almost like they were sped up. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltEKm5esDmU&NR

For this one, I'd hate to think what would happen if the band broke. He might have to buy some new paneling, or a new beanie to cover up the damage.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhSpF0hDQXg&NR

I need to buy Never Gymless and start reading it.

3. California Jack

That guy is a bad***. The place that led me to those video recommended his Intensity book. Not sure what the full title is. That ab roller stuff is crazy.

4. DBradD

DBradD Guest

I think it's called Infinite Intensity.

If I heard the guy right, the ab roller was made with lawnmower wheels and a 10" bolt. Talk about hard on the hands!

I especially like the sledge hammer. That would be the best way to meet a daughter's new boyfriend, standing there in a beanie beating the bejeezus out of a big tire. "How's it goin' son?" :rofl:

5. BCR

BCR BIGASS!!!!

Yeah, Ross' stuff is impressive. It looks very practical to me.

I plan on making a sand bag this spring and working a couple of days a week with it.

Still need to fire up the box jumps too.

6. DBradD

DBradD Guest

What'r you gonna do with the sandbag?

I was thinking of making a 1 pood and 1.5 pood sandbag and try to use it like a kettlebell. Hadn't quite figured out the handle yet. It might be good just to grab the bag.

7. BCR

BCR BIGASS!!!!

Just plan on carrying the bag around for endurance.

On Ross' site there a page about building a sandbag. It's basically a sea bag style bag filed with smaller 5-10 lb bags of sand. You can make it any weight you want by taking out or adding the small bags. Seems like 100 pounds should be a good start.

Ross has a workout were you carry the bag for 400m, then drop it and run 400m as fast as you can, then press the bag overhead for 10 reps.

He has many different workouts you can do with it.

I have a long driveway, so I planned on carrying the bag up and back, then sprinting up and back. Or something like that.

Seems like it should be good for conditioning. Check his site out for the info.

8. DBradD

DBradD Guest

That's awesome. I'll have to dig (OMG what a bad pun) into that for sure. His 400m workout sounds totally practical and very CF-like. I bet that would really hurt!

I'd be interested to see what is the real difference between Ross' stuff and CF. Sounds very similar. Might be something different about timing of workouts. CF is fairly random, which I've found to be irritating.

9. DBradD

DBradD Guest

I was inspired enough to order Never Gymless. I should have it in a few days.

With my schedule and the newborn here now, there's no hope of getting to a gym, so I'm currently Gymless :animlol:

I'll report back impressions later.

10. California Jack

Excellent, can't wait for a review and your workout reeports.

How's everyone doing?

11. DBradD

DBradD Guest

All are doing well and there have been no unpleasant surprises.

The only challenge is getting my work done. My workload has actually increases dramatically since the Monday after she was born (on Saturday). She eats every 2.5-3.5 hours, so the only sleep I'm getting is about three 1.5-2.5 hour chunks through the night. Any thought of doing hard workouts that require lots of recovery is a pipe dream only. I've been doing a calisthenics complex that was listed in Pavel's Super Joints, along with back & neck mobility drills, but that's about it.

12. BCR

BCR BIGASS!!!!

What a coincidence, so do I!:tongueout:

13. DBradD

DBradD Guest

She eats at that interval 24/7...

For your sake, I hope you're typing about daytime hours only!

14. DBradD

DBradD Guest

Well, I just got my book, promply delivered.

At first glance, it appears to be thorough and of high physical quality. It's spiral bound, which I like a lot. Sure makes my old Combat Conditioning book look sick! Now that I finished my Paleo for Athletes book, I'll start digging into this one.

15. TurboRocket

TurboRocket

Hey guys... Just to chime in for a second. I just ordered and received Infinite Intensity (II). Seems to be very practical and very well laid out. Again, thanks to logging into GT's H&F forum now and again led me to Ross' site (was the same for finding CrossFit).

I am still going through it (along with The Paleo Diet For Athletes that I bought a week ago or so). I am primarily CrossFitting right now, along with 5x5s on big lifts, but I may be switching over to Ross' 50 day work-out in II in the next few weeks at the end of my 5x5s. It will hopefully coincide with the turn of spring, so I can take some work-outs outdoors without needing to dress like an eskimo.

Ross' vids are great. I especially like the jump rope vid and the Hard-core vid.

16. DBradD

DBradD Guest

I just finished Paleo Diet for Athletes and learned quite a bit. I didn't need all the convincing and reasoning behind the diet, so I could've gotten by with a book about 1/4 the size. I especially like the pre and post workout meal suggestions. They seem to go well with CF MetCon type workouts.

I'm about like you with regard to learning stuff in the H&F Forum. When I first started reading it, I looked at everything through "Bodybuilding + Cardio Machine"-colored glasses, just like every other guy in the gym.

17. California Jack

That's kinda funny. With my return to strength training and now a C2, I'm heading to where you came from.

Well, at least I'm Weightlifting and not bodybuilding!

Michael,

Please give a detailed review of your new book when opportune.

Oh yeah, you're right about Ross' rope jumping. That is crazy.

Jack

18. DBradD

DBradD Guest

That IS funny. A C2 rower gets an automatic pass though, because Glassman likes it!

19. TurboRocket

TurboRocket

I'll try to do a review of Infinite Intensity. Until then, so far, I like it. However, it seems like I have to gather more equipment (sand bag, some heavy implements for farmer's walk, etc.). Thats's OK, though... I am plan on building out my garage gym this spring - and what guy can't appreciate more tools and equipement.

I have a C2 as well but I have a cheapy Model B. It's all I really need. I was on the crew team in college for 3 years and used the C2 quite frequently. I remember many pukie/practice sessions when we were doing 5000m "sprints".

20. California Jack

Michael,

I don't think the Model B is a cheapie or anything. They just don't sell it anymore. They're at model D and E now. Of those, I got the cheapie!

I may need to contact you about rowing technique and C2 workouts when I get a little better.

Jack