Roseburg Report

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by JonInWA, Jun 3, 2007.

1. JonInWA

JonInWA

I shot Roseburg yesterday, and had an exceptionally good time. I got there around 8.40, and things were up and running by about 9.30. Chris Edwards was there ramrodding things, and the RO's of the host club did an exceptional job throughout the day-both in running the bays and handling the bay paperwork-and I appreciated their ad-hoc coaching, tactfully administered. Things went very smoothly this year, and there were some good ad-hoc initiatives taken, like expanding the "Glock the Plates" from 1 to 2 plate racks to avoid bottlenecks. There were 3 simultaneously run "5 to Glock" stages as well; since that stage was the most visible and closest to the registration area, it made sense to have the most bays for it.

The plate rack Fun Shoot was well placed, and a great warm-up for the Glock the Plates bay, and to verify lighting conditions on the targets, loads, sights, and, dare I say it, one's accuracy vis-a-vis match jitters.

Glenn Wisser,as Armorer (aka District Manager) did a superb job for everyone-in addition to him thoroughly going through both my G17 and G21, I saw him taking time to carefully go through a new LEO's gun, cleaning it and bringing it up to spec. One thing often taken for granted was the detailed and non-condescending amount of time that he and Chris spend with new shooters and their Glocks-what a superb job of seeding continued shooter participation (and selling Glocks!). One area that they both excelled in was making things less intimidating in a very user-friendly way to people who are just getting into the sport. I can think of no other manufacturer that goes to the level of commitment in this way the Glock does.

The weather was beautiful, and the match went without any glitches-I haven't totalled my scores yet, but I'm pretty sure that I shot a "personal GSSF best"-shooting my G17 in recent IDPA matches and qualification was a GREAT prep for the GSSF stages, particularly regarding the longer distance shots. I'm looking forward to Albany and Bremerton.

Best, Jon

2. Roland-G23

Roland-G23 STI Convert

I left Albany at 12:30 with my 3 Albany PD buddies and got to Roseburg at 2. I don't think we saw anyone else competing other than the quadriplegic guy with the helmet-gun. That is something spectacular to see. I was duly impressed.

I haven't logged much trigger time this year, and was only the 2nd time I have put any live rounds through my Glocks since last September.

I shot Subcompact with my G26 (never fired before), Competition with my G34, and Amateur Civilian with my G17. We shot the 5 to Glock first (interesting that with all the available courses of fire for these matches now that Roseburg used the previous "standard"), then I shot the plate rack fun stage before shooting the Glock M and Glock the plates.

After setting the best score for the day on the Plate Rack fun stage (3.2), I shot the M and Plates.

I ended the match with a 82.72 in Amateur Civilian, a 92.03 in Competition, and a 100.16 in Subcompact.

We were done by 4PM and arrived back in Albany around 6PM.

They only had about 79 shooters Saturday, we were the last competitors of the day.

I don't think I will duplicate my Shelton performance of last year (AmCiv win), but I would be surprised if I didn't place and get a check.

Looking forward to Albany in August. Since that is my home club, I will be working/shooting the whole weekend.

3. Roland-G23

Roland-G23 STI Convert

Roseburg results are up already.

Wow.

Looks like I'll be taking 4th in Amateur Civilian and 3rd Amateur Subcompact.

4. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

I don't see any check or gun with a 4th in AmCiv. Good shooting though. Under the new prize allocation a match must have 175 total for random prizes.Matches between 150 and 174 only get 1st & 2nd performance awards. This match had 157 so all that is awarded is 1st & 2nd place performance awards, no random awards other than bring a new shooter.

Still some good scores.:thumbsup:

5. Terminator

Terminator

Someone needs to welcome Mr Anderson into the deep end of the pool :supergrin: :wavey:

6. Roland-G23

Roland-G23 STI Convert

He already is in the deep end of the pool. He is one of the sharks.

He was 15th in Production at the most recent IPSC World Shoot.

7. Roland-G23

Roland-G23 STI Convert

Guess I should go read the changes for this year......

What a bummer that they don't go 10 deep anymore.

8. SecurityTrainer

SecurityTrainer

I had a fantastic time!

A good friend and I made the trip down, and met a team mate from a few years back so we put in another team effort.

I should REALY wear my glasses at these things, no excuses here; I just need more practice, and less "air" around the plates.

I warmed up on the bonus plate rack, and I should have known things were RUSTY when I missed the first three plates in a row... Oh well like I said it was FUN, and I will try to make it to Albany. I think that one will be HUGE this year; it is NEW, and a lot closer to the PDX metro area!

Our team placed last, but we all had a good time.

I want to thank the GSSF Staff, Glenn, and Chris as well as all the R/Os that made this match possible and a pleasure to shoot.

My friend was going to use my G-17, but Glenn let him use his DEMO G-19. Now that is customer service!

I had a FANTASTIC time, and I am looking forward to Albany, and Bremerton.

Respectfully,

9. TOULME

TOULME

My Daughter took these Sat AM of me, I am glad you can not see the targets in the pictures the holes are all over like a shotgun blast....

I can't get photos to load sorry they are real good....

10. TOULME

TOULME

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Try these.YEA IT LIVES, Enjoy, The fiber optic is my 17, the other is my 35....

11. Pepiot

Pepiot Yippee ki-yay...

12. TOULME

TOULME

13. TOULME

TOULME

14. Lawman223

Lawman223

Hey now. Don't go drowning me just yet.

Chuck Anderson;)