close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Roseburg, OR Roll Call

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by DannyR, May 24, 2002.

1. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

OK, folks, who's going to be there?

2. BCarver

BCarver CLM Millennium Member

This "old boy" from Texas will be there.

3. sablair

sablair CLM CLXV of C CLM

I will be there. (1st match in two years) I am bringing two new GSSF members for their first match as well. We will be in attendance on Saturday only.

4. Roland-G23

Roland-G23 STI Convert

I'll be there on Saturday, shooting competition and am. civilian. Been practicing the 5 to Glock quite a bit, aiming to reduce the 80+ seconds in penalties I had last year. I feel pretty confident on the plates, been shooting speed steel alot this spring.

Either I'm driving and my friend is riding with me, or I'm gonna ride down with a bunch of LEO's from my town. I'm a pretty big guy, so I should be easy to spot. I will be wearing a blue hat w/ black bill and the "Flying WV (West Virginia University)" logo on it, and depending on the weather, a blue fleece vest with USPSA, Glock, HK/Benelli and Bushmaster patches on it or a yellow/black North Face parka if the liquid sunshine is out.

If you see me, say hi!

Alas, Bobby Carver won't be there until Sunday, so I'll miss a chance to see the new optics mount (I'll be in Portland for the Man of Steel Challenge, www.orss.org) firsthand.

5. jay.shebuski

jay.shebuski

Will be my 1st match with my new hip.

It's much easier shooting on an even plain w/out the pain meds. Last year was like shooting during a batman and robin fight scene angle in slow motion.

Jay

6. FESTUS

FESTUS Horse Whisperer

Good Luck Jay....I feel the hip should help our scores don't you... at least I hope:rolleyes:

7. jay.shebuski

jay.shebuski

Good to hear from you. We should probably start our own shoot'n team to give team sidearmor a run for their money....like maybe team hip armor?
    ....There is no doubt this stuff they put in me is going to help. It's almost like cheat'n now.

I'm still using one crutch, but should be off that in a week or so.

How are you doing?

Jay

8. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

Team Hip Armor, I love it! ;f

9. jay.shebuski

jay.shebuski

Ya baby, me and Festus are back, and we're bad to the "titanium" bone. We're the real men of steel. Airport securities worst nightmare.

Yee-Haa

Jay

10. DannyR

Jay,

You should try to put a team together. It's fun. Team Sidearmor is not yet ready to expand our efforts to the West Coast.

11. FESTUS

FESTUS Horse Whisperer

I have not been released but have thrown my crutches away and use a walking stick...I can shoot without the stick and due to Fireglocks suggestions emulated the 5 to glock...didn't shoot clean but 15 penalty points....I am hoping that 120.0 will be erased by the end of June...I am using my time off from work to practice 3-4 times a week.Mike Finch had his hip replaced 7 years ago .....does that make (3) for Team hip????;f

12. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

Sorry Festus, we got him first! ;f Team Sidearmor is everywhere!

13. jay.shebuski

jay.shebuski

..the 3 Hipamigos! Reeba! Reeba! Undelay!....

I'm going to this match in Roseburg, OR then I'm mov'n the family to South Carolina. Maybe we can shoot as a team somewhere in between this year.

This merits more thought, but I've been called by my spouse to help get the stuff out of the garage rafters that I put there 2 years ago. This crutch actually comes in handy sometimes.

Jay

14. FESTUS

FESTUS Horse Whisperer

Fireglock ...Yes...I knew that but we might be able to sway him away...Jay careful with that homework in the rafters...if you do move closer East or vice versa we will have to give it a try....to all have a safe Memorial weekend. :cool:

15. jay.shebuski

jay.shebuski

Well thanks Festus, I've got some friends that need mentioning concerning that very topic.

PFC Mike Ruddess, US Army, 1/75 Infantry (Ranger) killed during a live fire raid, 1986.

Sgt Frank Winters, US Army, 1/75 Infantry (Ranger) killed during the execution of a fast rope insertion, 1987.

LTC George Martin III, US Army, 10th Moutain Division, killed in a helicopter crash searching for remains of American fighting men in Vietnam, 2001.

Ordinary men, who answered the call to do extraordinary things so that we may have the freedoms we have today, in this great country of ours. God bless them and the U.S.A

16. MFinch

MFinch Guest

Thanks for the kind thoughts and comments. Looks like I better stick with Team Sidearmor and Leadheads Bullets. Best of luck on your recovery and shooting!

Mike Finch
    Texas
    Team Sidearmor
    Leadheads Bullets

"Shooting fast is our business...and business is good"

17. reptiman

reptiman Go Ducks

I'll be there...Hopefully there'll be some orange Hicaps for sale.

18. DannyR

The only orange hicaps left are G20's and G23's.

19. reptiman

reptiman Go Ducks

Good! Let's hope there's plenty of 23's left (until I get there ;f )

20. coyote 30

coyote 30 COYOTE HUNTER!!

I'll be there on Sunday at about 9:00am. Can't wait to shoot in it. I will shoot my 17 in Am/Civ. , my 30 in sub compact and my 30 in major sub. I know they cut out the gun give away in the major sub catagory but I just want more practice on the couses. Is anybody else shooting major sub or will I at least win some cash as the only participant? Hope to see you all there. Bruce Clemans:)