close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ron Paul - what a jerk dissing a dead hero

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by .264 magnum, Feb 5, 2013.

1. OctoberRust

OctoberRust Anti-Federalist

Thanks for clarifying. I agree with everything you said on this post. I'd like to add that as we've seen recently IE Sandy Hook, people politicize any tragedy they think they can get away with while benefiting their agenda.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2013
  2. Rancher

Rancher

Did anyone see the CNN lady Erin Burnett ask Marcus Luttrell what he thought of the comment, Luttrell said what comment? She told him and his eyes started like rolling around, he paused a moment, then said something like he really said that?

Man, it was crazy this thinking what he was proably thinking!

Rancher

3. captcurly

captcurly

Rancher, I could that interview on CNN last night. Marcus Luttrell also said that his comment would not be suitable for television. You could see the angry in his eyes. The comment that Paul made was out of bounds and in poor taste. Kyle was a true American hero and he certainly saved a lot of people doing what he was doing. All I can say is mouthing off with moronic statements must run in the Paul family. From what I have heard about Chris Kyle is that he was a very decent man and it is a shame that this happened.

4. SC Tiger

SC Tiger Jive Tiger

Aptly named system - you can show yourself to be a twit very fast.

5. ChuteTheMall

ChuteTheMall Wallbuilder and Weapon Bearer

Former congressman Ron Paul will never be invited to attend a Veteran's Day event at Arlington National Cemetary; his contempt for the sacrifices of our veterans is shameful.

Shun him and his toadies.

6. GAFinch

GAFinch

It was a particularly crass statement since Kyle didn't die in war or in a fight.

This is how you make a proper statement:

"Chris Kyle was a hero like all Americans who don the uniform to defend our country. Our prayers are with his family during this tragic time." -Rand Paul

7. TX OMFS

TX OMFS Right wing nut Lifetime Member

Ron Paul doesn't understand politics.

He has never been able to influence the national discourse to any significant degree and his ideas have never stood a chance of being instituted. It's too bad he doesn't know how to convert his occasional good ideas to policy/law.

IBTL

8. mixflip

mixflip

Its probably already been said but word is Chris Kyle was merely taking a young man out to the range to have some fun and "blow off steam" like most normal veterans do. (and many average Joes for that matter).

Clearly he didnt know the extent of the young mans problems. It was a mistake any one of us could have made. He was not "treating" PTSD as the media is rapidly spreading.

Chris wore his heart on his sleeve and Im guessing he never said no to any veteran, or in this case a veterans mom who asked Chris to spend some time with her son.

Its obvious Chris probably had no idea this acquaintance was a ticking time bomb.

I hate to say this but this event does make me think more about who is at the range when I am out with lots of people I dont know.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2013
  9. JW1178

JW1178

I am pro military. I do not think the Iraq War was an unjust war, in fact it was very justified. I'm not saying only bad things came of the war, because in fact we did a lot of good, but kind of like most medicines, there are some serious side effects.

I was for the war, but now from seeing the pro's vs. the cons, if I could go back, I wouldn't have the same view. We should only go to war for national defense. Not other people's defense.

Ron Paul said it wrong. He says a lot of things wrong, but he has some good points in many things he says. Are the spoils of war really worth it? Some of the best of our country leave our nation and many don't come home, and many of those who do have issues they will always have to deal with and we will have to deal with this for many, many years, and all for what?

The USA should lead by example, and for the most part we do. The world idolizes us, but our agression is not a positive point for us. We want to fight evil? We should do good things, and support the good things, and even protect the good from the evil. There really is more good in the world that evil, but doing evil things to fight evil doesn't work. It's like trying to drown a fire with gasoline. We talk about being a Christian nation, but we act more like a Muslim nation, where we force people to do what we think is right.

One example is to stop supporting the dictatorships and oppressive governments just because they cooperate with us. We should hold China accountable for how they treat their people and the crap they do. Refuse to trade with them on products produced in these sweat shop factories where workers are treated and paid poorly and treated badly and where they don't meet our enviromental standards.

Many mediocre sales people are making good incomes off the high markup they can achieve from these products. Only the elite sales people should be able to make elite incomes.

10. ChuteTheMall

As Ron Paul might say: "It's Bush's fault."

[​IMG]

11. .264 magnum

.264 magnum CLM

12. G36's Rule

G36's Rule Senior Member

Nothing, as usual...

13. TX OMFS

Rand, you're dad is off his meds again. Come and get him.

14. .45Super-Man

.45Super-Man

Yea boy, glad we got Obama for a 2nd term INSTEAD of this guy!

15. ChuteTheMall

[​IMG]

Read his racist newsletters from the '90's.
    He's always been crazy.

16. Flying-Dutchman

Flying-Dutchman

His Twitter account must have been hacked.

17. .264 magnum

.264 magnum CLM

That's the ticket.

18. TX OMFS

Wow. I'm glad that wasn't the choice. That choice may have pushed me to voting third party.

19. KommieforniaGlocker

KommieforniaGlocker

thank you