close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Romney, Mormon's and Obama--analysis

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by moeman, Aug 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moeman

moeman

Being a Mormon convert I have to say that the misinformation swirling around the LDS faith is staggering… From outside the church, the attacks most of the time are centered on hyperbole about things that are out of date (polygamy...), simply not accurate (not a church that follows Christ, not caring for those outside of the church...) or a huge distortion (secret agendas, hating gay people...).

The really interesting thing that within the church the management of church history and revisionist history lesson manuals has left most members with another set of misinformation: for LDS members the history most of the time is centered on hyperbole about things that are scrubbed clean (word of wisdom...), simply not accurate (that the Prophet can't lead the church astray in doctrine--some Brigham Young's teaching...) or a huge distortion (black’s priesthood ban until 1978...).

The funny thing is that in my former faith, Catholic I could clone the statements above cite similar examples. In fact. the secular world has much of the same--e.g. think about American history that most embrace versus the true history: A country founded on freedom, unless you were a black or indian... The world is complex, for example trying to explain how advanced Thomas Jefferson was in slavery attitude while owning approximately 600 slaves in his lifetime is really hard to reconcile.

Analysis of Jefferson can be made more simple when one considers this: if he wasn't so married to money he could have ended his own slave ownership and been a beacon of light. The same can be done for Romney and Obama.

With Romney, trace back his source of power, which is not so much as a business builder but as another person from the financial sector whom is involved with moving tens of thousands of dollars from tens of millions of people so that tens of thousands of people can make tens of millions of dollars.

I can't give Obama and the Dem's a pass either. They had all the branches of the government and didn't do anything to curb the damage brought on by wall street and the financial sector when they had the chance. We know who they are beholden to.

So in the end, I worry about any more power going to the financial sector--they have clearly done more damage overall to the US (and world) than any other group in the past 30 years. I worry that the check's and balances will continue down the path that enable a small group get super-rich while the working public gets hit even harder.

Your thoughts?

2. SC Tiger

SC Tiger Big, educated kitty cat!

The financial sector is a business. They exist to make money just like any other business, including the one where I work.

I don't have a problem with them as long as they are up front and honest with people like any other business should be.

One could make the same argument with the auto sector - they take tens of thousands of dollars from tens of millions of people in payment for their cars. You do get a warranty but in the end it's a crapshoot really - your $30,000 car could be a piece of junk winds up worthless well before expected.

Romney being a Mormon does not bother me in the least. His views on gun control and other issues do to a certain extent but he's the best we got right now.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2012

3. moeman

moeman

Disagree about he impact of the financial sector--we all are paying a lot of taxes to make up thier short fall, this killed a lot of financing for business development and basically none of them went to jail when clearly fraud occured.

I think the first step is to restore the Glass_Steagl act which served us well and ditch the thousand page loophole regs--Frank Dodd which didn't even set standards high enough to prevent more Lehman Bros type of meltdowns.

4. RayB

RayB Retired Member

And there it is... :agree:

Do not allow Barack Obama to make this debate about anything but his dismal performance to date, in his present job! :steamed:

I find it amusing, with all they're dragging out about Mit Romney, they're only adding to the tally of what I actually know about Romney, versus the vast history of what I don't know about Obama... :headscratch:

Question: When were you hired, or when did you hire somebody, while ignoring their work and performance history to date? :dunno:

At any rate, I do know what I need to know to make this decision, and that is that Barack Obama sucks at his present job, and should not be rehired based on any criterion I can think of! :shakehead:

--Ray

5. michael_b

michael_b BRC #1492

+1 for Glass Steagall

Frank/Dodd- just the names tell you what you need to know. Lol.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glass–Steagall_Act

6. FFR Spyder GT

FFR Spyder GT Ex-Gunslinger

It bothers the Hell out of me.

The Mormon Religion is a cult plain and simple.

They have added to and taken away from the Holy Bible to justify their actions.

This is an abomination to God and Christians.

Through out the Bible it repeatedly says no to add to or take away from the Holy Scriptures and the Word of God and the Mormon Cult has done just that.

Revelation 22:18-19 says

"18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book; 19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away[c] his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book."

Proverbs 30:5-6 says

"Every word of God [is] pure: he [is] a shield unto them that put their trust in him. Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.

Deuteronomy 12:32 says

"What thing soever I command you, observe to do it: thou shalt not add thereto, nor diminish from it."

And the list goes on and on and on.

It's funny how the same right-wingers that were Evangelical Christian in '08 that were opposed to Obama because they were Evangelical Christian have forgotten that they were Evangelical Christian in 2012 and have now endorsed a Cult member.

Spyder

7. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

There is a difference between you and me.

I want to be in that small group. Instead of whining about why I am not in it, I am doing my best to get there...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.