Romanian WASR-10 AK-47

Discussion in 'The Kalashnikov Klub' started by eaglefrq, Sep 29, 2014.

1. Pete perfection

Pete perfection

Made in a military grade block country factory. Has seen combat time in the Middle East by many contractors and terrorist alike. One of the best Ak47 you can buy in the USA.

2. ACE31

ACE31

WASRs are the best bang for the $. Unless you seek out a VEPR or Arsenal for $1G+
    The only American factory (non custom shop) build that show some promise is PSA.
    WASR or imported Dracos are GTG.

surevaliance likes this.

3. Jade Falcon

Jade Falcon WTF EREN?!

I have a WASR 10/63 and I love it. It's not fond of polymer-cased ammo when it heats up though, so I usually stick to Silver Bear. Can also be finicky with HP, so I try and stick to FMJ.

4. BigMick

BigMick

I’ve had a 1971 Wasr 10/63 for about 5 years now and it’s one of my favorite guns. It’s a beast. I recently changed out the fixed stock for the wire side folder and love it. Now I’m trying to find the “dong” lower hand guard and I tell you, those things are rare as hens teeth. I’ve seen a couple on GB but there’s no way I’m paying $300 for one. If anyone spots one please pm me.

5. ironhead7544

ironhead7544

It is a good rifle. I have had several of them over the years. Not pretty, but works.

Bought one on 9/11. $300.00 with three mags.

surevaliance likes this.
  6. GlockWheeler

GlockWheeler

I have two WASR-10'S. Both have been great rifles. They feed HP with no issues and function fine even when using cheap Korean AK magazines I purchased as range mags. I'm happy with them.

7. Pete perfection

Pete perfection

Kalishnikov USA.

8. GlockWheeler

GlockWheeler

My understanding was that this company isn't even affiliated with the Russian Kalashnakov business in any way. Is this correct?

9. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

I got my WASR 10/63 for $328 years ago. Now, she's all dressed up in Magpul.

[​IMG]

JoeOU1, GlockWheeler and Jade Falcon like this.
  10. cciman

cciman

Apparently, but capitalizing on the name.

It is a cheap table bargain dice rolls. Someone else with a WASR will not have the WASR you get, it is only a testimonial.

Do you want an AK that is well built, or do you just want an AK because it is cheap? Ak's of yore (1980's, quality AK at cheap prices) are no longer the norm. A properly built AK should cost you more than a generic AR, and generic "good enough" ARs can be had for under $500. More labor and detail goes into building an AK, vs. snapping togther AR parts.

11. norton

norton

I have one. It makes a great bullet hose. Not much good for anything else.

surevaliance likes this.
  12. norton

norton

Here is mine. I bought it about 15 years ago for about $300.

002.jpg
    About 10 years before that I purchased an SKS. For about $100. Choosing between the two I would pick the SKS every time.

003.jpg

13. norton

norton

I would sell mine except for one thing.
    I am convinced that once the D's feel safe by controlling the WH and both Congress and the Senate, they will ban the sales of semi auto firearms.

Jade Falcon likes this.
  14. uofaengr

uofaengr

Unpopular opinion...traded mine last year for a near NIB G19.4 FS with some accessories I sold off. Having some much nicer AKs, I just didn't like it. Roughest F&F of all of mine and most inaccurate. Mag catch filed down so far that there couldn't have been much more than 1mm lug engagement when feeding rounds so a ton of fore and aft play. Crap shoot to say the least..I wouldn't buy another, and I'd hate to be someone just getting into the retarded AK market right now. For just a good shooter, forget the collectability, I'd buy one of those PSA AK-E's with the FN CHFCL barrels over a WASR.

15. Jade Falcon

Jade Falcon WTF EREN?!

I thought earlier this week about selling mine for an entry-level AR, which I've always wanted. I was looking at S&W M&P Sport II, Ruger AR-556, and Windham Weaponry.

With the ammo I have (a little over 200 rounds) and the original furniture it came with, as well as all of the mags I have and the original pouch and items it came with, I think I could sell it for $750, thereabouts.....probably more. The ARs in my area are STARTING about a $1,000 though, which totally blows. Way above MSRP.

In regards to the WASR, I read online somewhere last week that the Tapco G2 trigger hammer can mushroom or something. Can anyone confirm this? It was a comment on a YouTube video about the WASR; I don't have it in front of me at the moment.

16. uofaengr

uofaengr

You should be able to get well above $750 for all of that. Atlantic had another shipment of WASR's recently for $800 apiece and sold out in no time. $800 is insane for that rifle. I don't know what else you have in your arsenal during these times, but if you have other protection, I'd try and get as much as I could from your WASR package during this panic, then sit and be patient. The virus stuff will eventually end, and I know election season is coming, but a LOT of people ran out and spent money they already didn't have and those credit card bills will come. So I feel in the next few months retailers are again gonna be sitting on guns and ammo they can't sell, and there will be a lot of NIB guns and ammo on Armslist. Ammo has already dropped in price on a couple sites compared to just a week ago. But there's no chance I'd spend anywhere close to a grand on any of the AR's you mentioned. Just depends on what you want and being satisfied regarding selling the WASR.

Jade Falcon likes this.
  17. surevaliance

surevaliance

Last year wife wanted affordable authentic-looking AKM, just to have one in our collection. I bought her WASR-10. Definitely, not our first choice for SHTF scenario.
    Any AK is mostly a trench rifle. Don’t waste your money on any upgrades, just keep it as-is.
    MHO.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2020
  18. Jade Falcon

Jade Falcon WTF EREN?!

Thanks! Yeah, there's no way I'm spending anywhere close to $1,000 on an entry-level AR. I'm a big believer in having at least one battle rifle at all times to back up a pistol, so I'm only selling the WASR 10/63 once I'm absolutely certain I've got a good deal on an AR.

There's a shop near me in Oregon that is selling a M&P Sport II with a case and a Caldwell loader for $699 (no sales tax). I don't imagine that's going to last for long, but I might call them when they open and see what's up. If they can assure me a promo kit in that set up, then I'll sell the WASR locally on Armslist and take the cash down there and buy it.

https://www.nwarmory.com/product/sw-mp15-sport-ii-223rem-promo-kit#product_detail

surevaliance likes this.
  19. tacticaljoey

tacticaljoey

As far as ARs go, there are still plenty S&W Sport IIs on gunbroker for reasonable prices.
    The Tapco trigger thing is an issue, sort of. Mushrooming due to hammer follow and odd geometry on the hammer has been reported but it’s very intermittent as far as the number of reports vs quantity of trigger groups in circulation. It’s very rare that it is an issue. I wouldn’t worry about it.
    I have had multiple WASRs over the years and all have been good shooters. I now only own a few of my own builds and some preban Chicoms.

surevaliance and Jade Falcon like this.
  20. Walk Soft

Walk Soft

I have two, a WASR 10 and a WASR 10/63. One has better fit and finish than the other, but both are reliable no matter how hot I get them.