close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Romanian SAR AK-47

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Teej, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Teej

Teej

Hello, I just purchased my 1st AK. I was leaning towards an AR for a SHTF weapon but talked to a friend who has both an AR and AK and his preference is his AK. I agreed with his reasoning and started searching for an AK and found what I thought was a decent deal although I know nothing about AK's.

I have not received it yet so I cannot post pictures.

I bought a Romanian SAR AK-47 with a under folder stock. It has a chrome lined threaded barrel. The owner says it is a SAR with a stamped WARS 10 from Century? I am guessing he means the receiver? It takes double stacks.

I bought it including one 30 rnd mag, including mag pouch, bayonet w/sheath & cleaning tools and sling. My price including shipping is $435.00.

What are your thoughts? Is this a decent weapon? Is there anything I need to upgrade or watch out for? I probably would like to change the stock out to a 6 position AR type stock if possible.

All opinions and suggestions will be appreciated.

OH, the slanted flash suppressor freely unthreads. I thought they were spot welded on to make the ATF happy. Could I get in trouble accepting it in this condition?

Thank you

2. Hyksos

Hyksos

Good deal if you ask me, I got a used Century Arms AK 47 all black with underfolding stock, it was a little beat up but at least I knew it worked then. It also has a Tapco trigger job on it...

I paid $500 locally, BUT I did buy it one month after Obama was elected, at that time prices seemed like they were only gonna keep rising (due to panic.) Sadly, prices seemed to have stabilized and personally I think you got yourself a good deal.

3. Teej

Teej

What did the trigger job do? Where you getting trigger finger slap?

How much was the trigger job parts kit? Did you do it yourself? How much of a difference was there?