close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Hurricanes, Jan 31, 2010.

1. Hurricanes

Hurricanes

Anyone else on here enjoy straight up road racing? Beats going left all the time :supergrin:
    -Joel

2. RustyShackelford

RustyShackelford > OD Glock 32

I really want to see Juan Pablo win. Last I saw, his teammates and he were in the lead.

3. Hauptmann6

Hauptmann6

I do, but I don't like grand am. Too many nascar shenanigans going on. In the rules and on the track.

4. Crazy KD

Crazy KD

We did the 24 hours a Daytona a couple years ago. I'll be honest, I was expecting more of the Le Mans type cars so I was a little disappointed. Figure we'll try perhaps 24 hours at Road Atlanta instead.

5. CRUZ CONTROL

CRUZ CONTROL

Thats where my uncle buddy is hes was crew cheif for different 5 teams this year .
    BTW hes BUDDY HENDRICKS from HORSEPOWER TV well till he told them to stick it last year . Hes back to running his shop now FLORDIA PERFORMANCE MACHINE .

6. norton

norton

I generally watch portions of it each year on Speed. I like the DP cars.

7. boozer

boozer

I watched a lot of it, I'm amazed those cars can run for 24 hrs straight.

I liked the brake change I saw this morning, replaced the hub, rotor, and caliper assembly in about the same time it took another team to swap pads.

I'm going to see them at Mid-Ohio again this year.

8. GlocknSpiehl

GlocknSpiehl NRA Life Member

I'm a lucky bugger and I actually got to attend the race! :cool: My wife got invites to the race, so we went up on Friday and spent the whole weekend. We only got home about 30 mins ago.

Lots of very cool images and events really stayed with us. She always gets all access passes so we got a garage tour and car tour of one of the DP cars. Dang they are tiny! We also saw the cars of races past on display, which were very cool.

When we went to sleep our friend Rafa Matos had just taken the lead, then, when we woke up, we found out his car was out of the race. Dixon/Franchitti's car had been doing very well, but blew its engine overnight when Montoya was driving. Jimmy Johnson was nice, but his group went out on Sunday too with a blown engine.

It was freakin' cold on Sunday and raining a lot on Sat. Thank God we had suite passes. Overall it was really cool to watch them race for 24 hrs straight, but next time I want to stay there Sunday nite too. LOL

9. PEC-Memphis

PEC-Memphis Scottish Member

Yep. I worked on a couple of pit crews for the 24 hour race several years ago.

Nice to stay awake for 38 hours in a row and work on race cars.

The next year they won the whole event in a GT class car, Porsche GT3R (TRG - "The Racer's Group" Kevin Buckler Team Cars #66 & 67)