Glock Talk banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I don't know alot about 1911's and I am starting to get the bug and I am starting to want one. I don't have a huge budget for one and seen a rock island tactical for $490 and while I know it's entry level, are these decent guns for the money? Again, I dont have the money for a Kimber or something of the like (as much as i'd like one) haha. Thanks for all the help people. Jono.

·
Registered
372 Posts
i really wish you people would quit telling everyone how great rocks are.

knock it off so the prices will go back down damn it! lol
I don't think the prices are going much higher, if they do they will be competing with much better makers and quality. Anyway here a pic of mine, it needs new sights, maybe I'll get some tijicons. I'm in the market for a GI model.

Attachments

·
Deo Vindice
1,208 Posts
Just got a GI model Rock in 9mm last weekend. Other than the mag being a little overly stiff, I'm very pleased with my purchase.

I've owned a lot of 1911's over the years, and thought I'd go ahead and give one of these a try for something a little different. For the price, I really didn't have much to lose honestly. So far, so good. Nothing wrong with the RIA's, just don't go in with expectations too high.

·
Registered
6,534 Posts
Great guns for the money. :)
I agree.

Row 1: Tactical Gov't .45, Gov't .45
Row 2: Tactical Compact .45, Compact .45
Row 3: Tactical Gov't 9mm.

I would start with the .45 and maybe look into getting a 9mm later. The 9mm is a sweet shooter.

·
Deo Vindice
1,208 Posts
Ok good to hear guys thanks a 9mm one is kind of appealing to me also, but I think i'll do it right and get the 45acp, but i'm not sure yet
I got the 9mm for a lot of different reasons. All my other 1911's are in .45 as they should be.

This one for me was just for fun and something to shoot a little more cheaply than .45

Whatever you choose, the RIA's are pretty darn good for what they are.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I have a RIA tactical, had it for about a year now and love it. I would spend the extra $50 and get the tactical version over the standard entry model. You get better sights (you can swap them if you want), ambidextrous safety, extended beaver tail, etc. It is a great little 1911 and if you get the bug you can always buy a "better one" after you decide if you like that platform.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.