Robin Carnahan leading in the polls!

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by arglockfan, Jan 11, 2010.

1. arglockfan

arglockfan

Liberal Democrat Robin Carnahan is narrowly leading in the polls here in Missouri again Congressman Roy Blunt for the Senate seat this November. The Carnahans are corrupt anti gunners. Her dad was governor of MO and spoke on the Senate Floor to block ccw in 1995 as well as many think he cooked the vote for Prop B in 1999.

Why are people this stupid? Especially with the Healthcare, and Democrats supposed to be losing ground yet here in MO they are gaining ground?

2. MetalSlugIV

MetalSlugIV

Are you from Missouri? We would rather elect a dead Democrat than a live Republican.

3. arglockfan

arglockfan

Thats what I dont understand. Before POS Mel crashed, Ashcroft was LEADING in the polls. Its one thing if Mel was already in the lead.

Me thinks the Democrat machine put some vote fixing in. Matt Blunt when he was Sec of State did a report on the 2000 elections and the voting iregularities.

In 1999 PropB two preicents has two MORE votes than the total number of registered voters for that priecent. Also when it was clear PropB was going to win the priecents in St. Louis quit reporting for a few hours.

You should see some of the voting priecents on election day in North County and North St. Louis. Looks like a welfare line.

4. MetalSlugIV

MetalSlugIV

I hate John Ashcroft and so did a lot of Missouri. I can see that by calling a dead man a POS this thread is not here for reasonable discussion and is bordering on paranoid conspiracy theories. This thread would probably be better suited in another forum and not the Lounge.

5. arglockfan

arglockfan

Well look at some of the names they call the president on here.

So you would rather have an anti gun Senator? Robin will make Claire McCaskill look conservative.

I have the displeasure of having Russ Carnahan my Congressman.

6. MetalSlugIV

MetalSlugIV

I have seen them but I really don't care what they call the president. People will always ridicule who is in office. I would like a pro-gun senator but guns but they are not the sole issue I vote on. I am in Missouri's 6th Congressional District. I am not very fond of Sam Graves.

7. alphacat

alphacat account deleted

I think you two are the same person having a fake argument with yourself...:rofl:

8. silentpoet

silentpoet

I think the gun rights issue is very telling. If they don't understand the very simple second amendment they have no ****ing business being in government.

9. bennwj

bennwj Command Sergeant Major (retired) Silver Member

No kidding.

Entitlements my friend, entitlements....

In a part of the country where you would expect people be pretty conservative, they certainly do not vote that way.

Ike Skelton is universally called "Tax Hike Ike" around here, but they keep sending him back to the House.

Ft. Leonard Wood is in his district and it is the biggest job producer around. People are willing to put up with paying higher taxes because, "Ike does a lot for us..." They are generally too stupid to understand that they would be better off if he was voted out of office.

I hated living in Missouri from '95-'99 and prayed that we would never come back to this ****-hole.

Damn the bad luck.

10. bennwj

bennwj Command Sergeant Major (retired) Silver Member

If you think Missouri politics is retarded, just wait until later this year.

I KNOW this guy. I see him nearly every day. He is a retired Master Sergeant and he is running for the Senate. He started the "MODERATE CONSERVATIVE PARTY"

He is a good, honest guy, but I told him that I would never vote for somebody who could not define their political stance.

http://www.firedupmissouri.com/cont...e-moderate-conservative-party-2010-senate-run

11. Bruce H

Bruce H

The same dimwits that elected Clair McCaskel will fawn all over Robin Carnahan. She thinks she is destined for the senate seat being vacated by Bond. Carnahan has considered this seat her birthright for years. If conservatives in Missouri put up Roy Blunt, Carnahan is a shoo in. Blunt is a" been there too long" career jerk.

12. Tailhunter

Tailhunter Glockman

why? ...

13. Wyoming

Wyoming

Then send a dead Democrat, at least it would cause less harm.

14. fwm

fwm

Bingo. My first question to ALL politicians is their stance on gun rights.

If their idea of gun rights is the right of the government to control those rights, I don't trust any other decision they may make. I may have other issues at stake, but the gun rights question shows me what their thinking process is (or isn't).

I would never vote for someone that is against my right to carry, because they will be against everything else I hold dear.

Yes, I am in MO. I hated that a dead man's wife gets appointed to the seat he can't hold. Where do all these politicians come from?

I am tired of business people living less than 5 years in my town now running our town. I am running for alderman to help bring the balance back to the people. (Not that I am against business people, I just feel that there is a conflict of interest in their decision making, when their livelyhood is at stake in some of the decisions being made) However, I find that I am up against the towns 'political force' now. All of the staff at city hall know and like the people they work for and are actively against and 'outsider' coming in, even though I am the one born and raised in this town. The town paper doesn't know me and won't run any articles for or about me, but my opposition sure gets paper time. I can see why descent people trying to make a change can't get into politics.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2010
  15. fwm

fwm

Tried that. The governor appointed his widow to the Senate seat. Even worse.

16. fwm

fwm

Because the east side has so many welfare recipients, and there are a lot of union workers in aircraft mechanics and automobile assembly jobs.

My particular county has bucked that trend and voted Republican in the last 8 elections. But it stands alone apparently.

17. failsafe

failsafe

If the 2008 Presidental race was an indicator...The State other than 8 counties, voted Republican...The counties were in the KC area, Columbia, and St Louie....
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25362534

18. dkt2k

dkt2k 'sup?

Robin Carnahan would have no chance, her brother would not be a congressman, and her mother would have never been an appointed Senator if her other brother had had any idea how to fly a plane competently...

19. slewfoot

slewfoot Random Mayhem

What other freedoms are you willing to surrender other than the right to bear arms?

I will not vote for an anti gun politician.

Why?

Because if they are willing to take one of our freedoms, what is to stop them from taking the rest of them?

20. MetalSlugIV

MetalSlugIV

I am not willing to surrender my fiancee's right to do with her own body what she damn well chooses. I want religion the **** out of government. That would be a nice start. But there are no atheists who run for office so I vote Democrat to avoid religious nut jobs who get votes by displaying their "faith" when they are all morally bankrupt.