Glock Talk banner

Robar NP3

3522 14
I want to pick up a 43 but really don't want the gen4 finish. Don't know if it's too early to tell if the gen5 finish is any good and who knows when Glock will put it on the 43. Im considering Robars NP3 finish. I will carry the gun every day and I'm wondering if anyone has put it to the test. Does it wear? Does it flake, peel,scratch or is there anything bad about it? Has anyone dealt with their customer service?
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
4,887 Posts
Finish really only matters to me on early Gen 4’s and contemporaneous Gen 3’s. I think sometime between 2010 and 2012 we got beta tested with some experimental version of Tennifer. I’ve had no less than 3 Glocks from this era with rust. My Gen 4 G21 has rust coming through the finish on the slide. It’s a good shooter, and it’s purely cosmetic. I have however considered Cerkote, NP3, or even Hard Chrome.

All other Glocks I could care less about the finish, you could rub it all off with steel wool and you still have indestructible Tennifer underneath.

By way of illustration, my 2010 Gen 3 RTF2 G19 SN# PUU got rust on the barrel hood so badly one point that I had to use a lot of force to rack the slide. I admit that I probably sweated on it and neglected it. Have done the same with older and newer Glocks and never had anything like rust. Sold G19 with disclosure locally; later saw it listed as in perfect condition lol. Photo isn’t best, but it had serious pitting on the smiley.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.