Robar Glocks Arrived

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by kth432, Sep 21, 2005.

1. kth432

kth432

I felt like a kid on Christmas morning when I saw the man driving the big brown truck arrive in front of my office today. I have been anxiously awaiting the return of my Glock 22 and Glock 27 from Robar for some custom modifications. Several years back I sent my G22 duty weapon in for a grip reduction, and from that point forward acknowledged Robar to be an authority on such work.

Upon close inspection I was once again very pleased with the quality of their work, and attention to detail. Both of these weapons recieved the grip reduction (backstrap only), re-texturizing, forward cocking serrations, and NP3 treatment on slide and all internals.

Have attached a couple pictures. Once I master my digital camera I will try to get some better close-up pics. Will provide some feedback once I get range time on both weapons to see how they function and perform, and how the new finish holds up.

2. Mister B

Mister B The Un Tactical

How do you like the forward serrations? Do they look factory?

3. kth432

kth432

I've always wondered why Glock refuses to add features such as these on their weapons, when they are almost standard from all other manufacturers.

I feel the serrations are very important to correctly pinch check from underneath. I have attached a close up in an attempt to show better detail. They look just like the factory originals in my opinion.

4. Dandapani

Dandapani

Some people don't like forward serrations. Once cut, you can't put the metal back...

5. LINCHPIN

LINCHPIN

What kind of finish is that, if I my ask?

6. kth432

kth432

It's called NP3, check out the metal finishes portion of the Robar website (www.robarguns.com) for full details. So far I'm impressed.

7. mallen1

mallen1

Does it break earlier or later for you? Or neither?

Mark

8. mallen1

mallen1

Also, any variation in recoil? Sorry for all the questions, but I'm .125"-.25" away from a perfect trigger reach and am looking at Robar (versus APS, Bowie, Burns) to do the work. Any complaints?

Mark

9. kth432

kth432

My department started issueing Glocks in 1991, so I've been carrying one for a while. While I carried it, and learned to shoot it well, I never liked the way it felt in my hand. I always hated the hump on the backstrap, and the grip never seemed to fit my hand.

The Robar grip reduction fixed everything I didn't like about the Glock. More and more of the guys around my office are starting to request the reduction, because they all agree it feels better, and gives them better control. I have no complaints, and would highly recommend Robar.

10. TJS

TJS

how bad did the grip reduction set you back? was it costly?

11. Glockbuster

Glockbuster

Do you really need to pinch check from underneath? The Glocks have always been good in telling by just running your finger through the extractor. New extractors are even better at that and works quietly and also in the dark.

My compliments on the work, looks great!!

12. One Ragged Hole

One Ragged Hole Dis ain't funny

I don't like most of the forward serrations I've ever seen, but those I love. They fit the pistol perfectly. I've seen Glocks that have angled ones in front and they just look wrong. Glock should supply them just like that, or offer them as an option. Great looking pistols.
    O-R-H