close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Road Trip - Montgomery, AL to Dallas, TX - Any Places of Interest

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by GlockRiver, Jun 16, 2012.

1. GlockRiver

GlockRiver

I going to Dallas, TX next month for a meeting. I'll be driving from Montgomery, AL and I'm looking for some places of interest to stop along the way. I plan to take US80 from Montgomery to I-20, and then I-20 to Dallas. I'll be going out on Monday and returning the following Friday. Maquest says it's about a 10 1/2 hour drive and I have all day to get there, so I will be taking a few breaks and just enjoying the drive.
    Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Mike

2. Dan_ntx

Dan_ntx

Don't speed on 20 within 100 miles of Dallas... Lots of vigorous enforcement.

When you are in town stop by the Cowboys stadium for a tour...even if you are not a football fan or a Cowboys fan (many of us locals aren't) the building is impressive and the self guided tour is a great use of $18 and a few hours of your time.

Ranger stadium is around the corner so if you want to brave the heat grab some tickets and come make some friends...just don't lean over the rail for a foul ball (too soon?.

The standard "Dallas sights to see" answer is the 6th floor museum...and if you have any interest in that segment of history it really is well done. The Dallas World Aquarium is another touristy spot that is worth braving the crowds and the heat for. Neat place.

As you can probably tell I'm old and don't drink or hang out late at night...

3. tous

tous GET A ROPE!

Stop by and see Dan. :wavey:

Interstate 20 takes you along the southern edge of the MetroPlex. From east to west, you can take I45, I35E or I35W to get north with I35W taking you into Forth Worth. I45 and I35E into downtown Dallas. Arlington is between 35E and 35W mostly.
    Parking in the downtown area is not easy during the week.

The Dallas Museum of Art is something to see as is Reunion Tower and as mentioned, the Kennedy assasination site. If you park in the museum district parking lots, you can walk to other places of interest, but keep in mind, this is Texas and it's summer.

:cowboy:

If you want to come north to Plano, you can see the Frito Lay world headquarters and the real Southfork Ranch. Go to McKinney if you want to see a lot of small used car lots and bail bond businesses. :supergrin:

4. GlockRiver

GlockRiver

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I appreciate it.

5. ratf51

ratf51

Between Montgomery and Dallas-- nothing worth seeing that I am aware of. And I know where Waverly Hall is. :wavey: