Glock Talk banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

· With Liberty and Justice for all.
20,892 Posts
Always IWB or OWB at about 2:30 for me. My holsters have a lot of cant, which probably makes it easier to carry in the car. I’ve driven 12 hours before without issue. The key is to pull up the right side of your cover garment to free it from the seatbelt in order to maintain access to the gun. I can draw it very quickly if needed. I imagine the 3:30-4:00 position would be much tougher.

· Registered
3,422 Posts
So long as the grip in at around a 3:00 3:15 position getting quick control of the grip is not hard to do .

Shoulder holsters require a cover garment . That's make you stand out in warm weather even makes you uncomfortable if driving for a long time and if the cover is a winter coat well you get uncomfortable quickly . Taking off is not an option with a shoulder holster and many times a thin lite cover like print the harness and butt of the grip . If you carry on your string side most of the time and you get punched _ don't assume it can't happen- and you are stunned from the strike your naturally going to reach for your pistol where it is carried the most and its not there !!

Also ranges with a RO don't allow you to do draw and fire drills often and a shoulder holster maybe NEVER so better have a place to practice that's private , even an airsoft version that can be used at home shooting at a blanket .

Other wise - be prepared , practice .

· These are Great Times for Gun Owners!
708 Posts
I recently had a holiday road trip. I carried my 43 in my inside chest pocket of my Carhartt jacket, with a spare mag in the opposite pocket. I had my 19 and a spare 17 mag in the middle console. That worked like a charm for me.

24,281 Posts
I have a Desantis undercover shoulder rig I use for long trips. As a right handed person it feels natural in the car. If I am walking I prefer an IWB (alien gear is what I have for the G22). If you are on a long car trip how are you carrying your large frame Glock?
"If you are on a long car trip how are you carrying your large frame Glock?"

The only time I carry a large frame Glock is when I carry a G20SF strong side OWB when hiking in the woods.

On road trips I carry a Glock 23 either strong side IWB or Cross draw and I rarely travel more than 8 hours a day and I don't like driving at night because of poor night vision.

· Registered
3,063 Posts
On Long trips my usual carry is G-23 in holster on hip.
In the console (Truck or car) is my G-22 in a nylon holster.
Several extra mags for G-22 covers both pistols.
My Wife doesn't care for the G-22 but she can and will back me up with it. I asked her if she would rather have the G-23 she said the G-22 would be fine for her. She also has a Ruger in 38 special snub nose in her purse.

· Registered
7,809 Posts
Last road trip was about 6 hours. K Frame S&W 66 2.75” appendix the whole time. No problems for me. But my body type allowed it. Also had an XDs center console.

Now I have the G17 or 19 for the same carry. About the same size. No problems with my carry position

· Registered
967 Posts
Been carrying Glocks in a Galco King Tuk. Works great for my G26, G19, or G17. I don’t notice much difference between carrying the G26 or G17 when standing, walking, etc, but when sitting in my car the G26 is much more comfortable when opting for IWB.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.