close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Road Trip! Carry Q's!

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by themiller, Apr 2, 2010.

1. themiller

themiller

Wife and I are going to visit some states (namely Indiana, Tennessee, and Kentucy and maybe North Carolina). I'm from IL so I dont usually carry, but do have my PA non-resident permit. I've also been waring G26 ankle, and G29 in MTAC over in IN every now and again (and around the house).

1) Would you feel "under" gunned carrying only your G26 with BB 124gr +p+ ammo and a few extra mags? We plan on doing half urban / half hiking in the beautiful mtns (which is what is making me think of bringing the G29)

2) EDIT: Looks like I'm clear for CCW'ing - Now what I can't find is if I have to notify officer in these states? Can anyone enlighten? I'm googling as well, not lazy, just not finding anything.

3) I'm 5'11" and 200lbs and my G26 disappears in my MTAC (in a good way!) So im leaning that way...

Last edited: Apr 2, 2010
  2. REA9mm

REA9mm get ready

3. bluelineman

bluelineman Infidel كافر

4. themiller

themiller

I dont see anything about having to notify an officer at either of those two links...

5. MrVvrroomm

MrVvrroomm

Try clicking on the interactive state maps on the handgunlaw.us site.

I just did a quick search for you. Here's what it says...right at top of each state's page:

IN = NO
    TN = NO
    KY = NO
    NC = YES

...this is Must Notify Officer

6. KYJoe

KYJoe

1 and 3 are what I do quite a bit here in KY so you know where I stand there. Answer is not required in regards to 2 although I have before and not received a ticket.

KY is a great gun law state. In fact I think it is one of the best in the nation. Enjoy your time here and thanks for visiting.

7. swinokur

swinokur

8. themiller

themiller

Thanks everyone. I must have been blind on the handgunlaw site, spent many hours there and never figured that out.

9. Kegs

Kegs Ol 8 fingers ;)

Watch yourself:

The feds have laws restricting carry on their lands. You can carry in the Smoky mountains park now, but you still cannot (according to the feds) carry concealed on US Forest service lands in NC. They restrict open carry to a short barreled .22 handgun. Frankly, I think it's unconstitutional, but the supreme court judges have ruled otherwise - apparently they don't understand the "shall not be infringed" part.

10. rwillis

rwillis

11. beforeobamabans

beforeobamabans FYPM

It's too bad the Thune Amendment got 58 votes in the Senate but still didn't pass.....

I just got back from spring break driving from IN to FL (through KY, TN, GA). After researching these states, it appeared that my IN LTCH was good to go CC everwhere so that's what I did without incident.